You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "herts2011" started this thread

Reg: Jun 13th 2011

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 1:17pm

Some Much Needed Info on Follicles - Please Anyone?

hi ladies ,

i have had my first scan today and i have 9 follicles only 4 good size and 5 are small .
the lady said she doubts the small ones will grow is this right ?
i cant belive i have gone through this for 4 follicles ,been crying all day as they said we probly wont get to a blasto ive had strong reations this whole cycle and it is my first so any one who knows about this please can you help me .
i feel i have no chance of this working and the clinic doesnt listern to me :bawl: have people had a few and fallen preg ?

thanks girls xxx
ttc 5 years
x6clomid:BFN:
aug ivf :BFN:
jan ivf :BFP:

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 1:26pm

Hi herts, sorry your clinic are being so unhelpful, nurses can be so insensitive sometimes and don't realise throw away comments like that can really hurt and worry us sometimes unnecessarily!
How many days have you been stimming and did they say wot the measurements were of the larger follies and also the smaller ones to compare the size difference?
In my first cycle I had 8 eggs collected, 6 fertilised and 4 were good enough quality for transfer so had 2 put back and I got pregnant.
So much can happen when stimming over just a few days so try not to worry, you still have time to let the others catch up, I was stimming for 3 weeks on my last cycle tO make sure I had lots of good size follies so there is no rush and your clinic shouldn't be worrying you like that after your first scan! When is your next one? X

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 2:33pm

hi there lisa lou thank u so much for replying ,

im on my 6day (6th injection 2night )think i had 1- 14 3 -12 and 5 <10

i even asked if i had poor quality if they would consider putting 2 back as panicking so much !!(they said no )
they told me they think irll still be having the 10-12 injections egg collection next week she even told me i done worse then they expected ;( i got my next one friday at 10.30 i am in a bit of a state about it at the moment :sadface:

this sound normal to u hun?
xxx
ttc 5 years

Lisa Lou

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 4:08pm

Come Friday Hun you'll have a much better idea on where you'll end up, after a few more days of stimms I'm sure you'll find that the big ones are bigger, the smaller ones will have grown also and you'll probably have some new little ones too. My clinic aimed to get as many over 18mm as possible for egg collection, have your clinic said the same?
Try not to worry Hun, hold on till Friday and in the meantime just send some posit vibes to your follies to grow!
And remember it doesn't matter if you have 2 eggs collected or 20, u only need one to fertilise and stick to have that special baby, many woman on here have had success from a small amount of embryo's. Let us know how you get on x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 4:21pm

hi again babe ,

i no this is all sucha waiting game hurry up friday lol !

no babe they havent i will say this when i go tho if there not waiting then why ,as i would rather wait and get more .
i no your right hun just didnt expect to get that news today ?o( i think im more worried that i will have empty follicles to top it off lol im reserching now about it all tooo much infomation everywhere.

i keep reading all the stories about 1 egg hopefully they will keep me going

thanks for taking the time hun xx
ttc 5 years

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 5:34pm

Herts I know its hard, especially when everyone else seems to have so many eggs but... you are very early on. My first scans were always pretty dismal but I did catch up. You still have over a week til EC and so much can happen in that time. Remember it is all about quality not quantity. I've known friends on here only ave 3 or 4 collected but they went on to get their BFPs and now are mums.

Stop googling as it will only make you worry more

xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE