(T Cells) IgM+ - 1.4
(T Cells) IgG+ - 31.2
(B Cells) IgM+ - 46.3
(B Cells) IgG+ - 37.7

HIgh Vaginal Swab
Epithelial Cells +
HVS Culture +++mixed skin flora
Microplasma/Ureaplasma +++ Ureplasma urealyticum

(I have had a high vaginal swab in the past 2/3 years ago and tested positive for an infection and had to take a course of antibiotics - my husband however has tested negative for this and i am confused how i could have it and not him as we have been together 11 years and i have not slept with anyone else? Am i just prone to this or something?)

IMMUNOLOGY
Anticardiolipin ab's IgG - 1.8
" IgM - 0.5
Antinuclear antibodies - negative
Anti-dsDNA antibodies - negative

Thyroid stimulating hormone - 1.5
Thyroglobulin Antibody <10
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies - 10.3

TH1:TH2 intracellular cytokine ratios

TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) - 38.7 normal range is 13.2-30.6!
IFL-g:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) - 25.7 normal range is 5.8-20.5

So I seem to have

1 high vaginal infection - treatable with Antibiotics - could this be toxic fluid leaking from my clipped tubes as I have bilateral hydroslapinges? - (I ask consultants this all the time and everyone says no, they can't be leaking!, but I have this idea in my head that i may be better off having my tubes removed to make sure)
2 Raised TH1:TH2 ratios - meaning my system is attacking the embryo to stop it implanting and also causing to miscarry - what is the treatment - steroids?
3 High CD3 - I think this is all linked with the TH1/TH2 issue
4 Negative LAD - not 100% sure what this is but I need to be injected with husband or others blood to build up immunity??????

THIS IS JUST MY SUMMARY FROM INTERNET RESEARCH - LADIES, CAN YOU SHED SOME MORE EXPERIENCED LIGHT ON THINGS FOR ME?

xxxxxxxxx

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 9:59am

NK ASSAY (% Killed) Panel

50:1 - 14.7
25:1 - 7.4
12.5:1 - 4.2

This looks good, you want to be under 15 and you are. The NK percentage killed panel looks at how powerful the NK cells are and the good news is that yours aren't that strong, so they aren't going to go wild and attack the baby.

IgG CONC 12.5 50:1 - 1.9
" 25:1 - 6.0
IgG CONC 6.25 50:1 - 7.8
" 25:1 - 7.5

This means that your cells respond to IVIG treatment and decrease which is a good thing!

%CD3 - 84.4
%CD19 - 5.3
%CD56 - 6.1
%of CD19+cells, CD5+ - 9.4

All these are within the normal range! :thumbsup: Your CD 3 is still below normal 85.

NK Assay w/ Intralipid
50:1 w intralipid 1.5 mg/ml - 9.9
25:1 " - 7.1

This test shows your cells also responded to intralipids when mixed with them but you did respond better to IVIG which is the more expensive drug! So Dr. G might suggest you do that if you need to. But your NK cells look within normal range.

Leukocyte Antibody Detection

Flowcytometry * Weak Positive so = NEGATIVE
(T Cells) IgM+ - 1.4
(T Cells) IgG+ - 31.2
(B Cells) IgM+ - 46.3
(B Cells) IgG+ - 37.7

Ok this is a little confusing but for the test result to be normal you need to be POSITIVE. I was negative also and had to do LIT treatment and they do take blood from my husband filter it out and inject back in to my arms. Did you do the DQ alpha test? To see if you and your husband are a match?

HIgh Vaginal Swab
Epithelial Cells +
HVS Culture +++mixed skin flora
Microplasma/Ureaplasma +++ Ureplasma urealyticum

(I have had a high vaginal swab in the past 2/3 years ago and tested positive for an infection and had to take a course of antibiotics - my husband however has tested negative for this and i am confused how i could have it and not him as we have been together 11 years and i have not slept with anyone else? Am i just prone to this or something?)

I had 2 infections before and my husband tested and had none. Sometimes we ladies are more prone to infections, so no worries. Antibiotics will fix that easily.

IMMUNOLOGY
Anticardiolipin ab's IgG - 1.8
" IgM - 0.5
Antinuclear antibodies - negative
Anti-dsDNA antibodies - negative

All normal.

Thyroid stimulating hormone - 1.5
Thyroglobulin Antibody <10
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies - 10.3

These all look normal.

TH1:TH2 intracellular cytokine ratios

TNF-a:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) - 38.7 normal range is 13.2-30.6!
IFL-g:IL-10 (CD3+CD4+) - 25.7 normal range is 5.8-20.5

The cytokines being high is something Dr G will treat. The gold standard for this is Humira, which I've had alot of and it does work for some ladies on FZ, but it has risks which he can talk you through. My body did not respond to Humira, my numbers kept going up. I responded better to IVIG and intralipids and steroids. Those levels are high, but not the highest I've seen. Mine were 57 at one point and i am pregnant after treatment.

So I seem to have

1 high vaginal infection - treatable with Antibiotics - could this be toxic fluid leaking from my clipped tubes as I have bilateral hydroslapinges? - (I ask consultants this all the time and everyone says no, they can't be leaking!, but I have this idea in my head that i may be better off having my tubes removed to make sure) Not sure, sorry.

Here is fantastic link that explains all the test results and more in detail.

Immune FAQ - Continuously updated and added to.

Hope this helps, i know how you feel and how confusing this all is. But the good thing is there is treatment for all this and lots of ladies on FZ had immune treatment after failed cycles and are pregnant! Including me! So please don't give up. I have been where you are and i know how hard it is. PM anytime if you have more questions.

xoxoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 10:20am

Some info regarding LIT treatment and the LAD test:

LAD measures the level of anti-paternal blocking antibodies in your blood. A sample of serum from your blood is mixed with a sample of live white cells (T and B cells) from your partner (or sperm donor – if using known donor). Where antibodies are present in your blood they will bind to your partner’s white cells and the percentage which have been ‘tagged’ in this way can be measured using flow cytometry.

As half the embryo’s DNA comes from the mother, the theory is that if the body cannot recognise the father’s DNA, it will treat the embryonic cells as ‘altered self’ and trigger an aggressive NK response which will increase NK numbers, NK activity and/or TNFalpha levels. High levels of anti-paternal antibodies should mean that the body recognises embryonic cells as ‘foreign’ but ‘benign’. Low levels of anti-paternal antibodies are associated with repeat miscarriages (which are believed to be the result of NK and TNFalpha responses to embryonic cells), and are also thought to be associated with repeated failed implantations.

LIT (Lymphocyte Immune Therapy)
LIT is an injection of washed white cells which is normally placed just into the skin on the inner arm in a series of pinprick jabs. The white cells usually come from blood freshly donated by your partner . The aim of LIT is to stimulate your body to produce anti-paternal blocking antibodies (antibodies to cells from your partner) as measured on the LAD test. Several studies found that women who had multiple miscarriages tended to have lower levels of anti-paternal blocking antibodies than women who had successfully carried a baby to term. This lead to the theory that antibodies to the father’s DNA were necessary to help the mother’s body recognise their embryo’s cells to give a protective response rather than an aggressive response.
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

• "nix71" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Children: Hoping for a miracle.....please

Wednesday, August 24th 2011, 10:35am

thanks Rii - we did the DQ Alpha test but that doesnt seem to be back yet

will be back to Gorgy once my test is off then back from Greece - probably in 3 weeks time

nice (?) to hear that it's not just me prone to the odd infection!

Congratulations on your BFP - how you feeling?

xxx

• "nix71" started this thread

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Children: Hoping for a miracle.....please

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 3:04pm

we have the DQ Alpha tests back

I am 102,000 and husband is 350,000 - any comments and advice as i don't know what this means

xx