You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Flora

• "Flora" started this thread

Reg: Nov 25th 2008

Children: Hallie aged 11 months

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 2:16pm

IVF with ED Isis Clinic, Cyprus

After 6 rounds of Clomid, a couple of goes at IUI, 1 failed IVF, my lovely Sister offered to donate eggs for me. Unfortunately, we found that she also has a diminished ovarian reserve (my AMH is <1). We thought it was all over, until a lovely friend of mine, an aunt and my father in law lent us the money to go abroad for egg donation.

We have a provisional date to go to the ISIS Clinic in Cyprus - 13th November. So, some lovely lady is down regging along with me at the moment.

We were attracted to the Isis Clinic, as our consultant worked for 14 years in the UK, including at CARE Manchester - Dr Mavrides. The cycle is costing 4500 Euros including blastocyst transfer, ICSI if needed and freezing embryos. Additional costs are - £200 for meds, £300 for ultrasounds and the cost of an enforced holiday to Cyprus.

This is the last time we will go for fertility treatment, as the cost of us wanting a child has caused us, (mainly me) to put our lives on hold for so long. We have had so much disappointment it is hard to believe that it will work. I have, however, occasionally entertained the idea that it may work. DH and I have started talking names again which has been one of our favourite hobbies through the years.

Well, I am off to my GP, to see whether she'll entertain doing the HIV, HepB, HepC and VDRL test on the NHS for us. xx
Me: 35
DH: 33
TTC: 3 1/2 years +

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 4:00pm

:hello:

Just wanted to pop in and wish you :goodluck: with your cycle. Hope all goes well for you out in Cyprus, donor treatment does seem to have an excellent success rate generally so I'll keep everything xfingers that you are as lucky as I have been!

Keep us posted.

Love Gracie

xxxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Jan 25th 2011

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:01pm

Hi, I am currently looking at IVF in Cyprus and wondered if you could tell me your experience at Isis. I menopaused at 16 and never thought children would be an option but now have the opportunity with egg donation. I'm nervous, but for the first time do not feel alone. Any advice would help. Thanks Betty.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, January 25th 2011, 8:05pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon. We have some wonderful members who have recently become mum's through egg donation abroad, I am sure they will pop by and say hi soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an egg donation and egg sharing section HERE that you may like to take a look at.

There is a donor chitter chatter thread HERE which is where a lot of people that have donor sperm or eggs hang out.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a treatment abroad section HERE you may find some answers to your questions here.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

Because the running of the site completely depends on the kindness of our members, we ask for a small donation in return for a signature name, which is explained HERE. Hang around a bit and get to know us before you decide if you'd like to support us!

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, January 26th 2011, 1:21pm

:hello: Betty

Just wanted to pop by and say hi! I don't know anything about the clinic in Cyrus I'm afraid but if you have any general questions about donor treatment then feel free to drop me a line! My little girl is a result of donor treatment carried out in Spain last February.

:goodluck: to you!

Love Gracie

xxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

GGSK8

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

Saturday, August 13th 2011, 2:28pm

Hi

We went for IVF with ED around 17 months ago (I think we were the first UK couple there). The clinic is great - really well set up and modern, although because of the way maps in Cyprus work, it's a little tricky to find, but ask any local and they will direct you.

What can I say? It worked for us, and we now have a beautiful 8 month baby girl, so all I can say is it's worth going!

We went back a few months ago - had 3 pairs of eggs frozen, but only 2 defrosted, and neither 'stuck', so we're back next week for a second full round of IVF ED - a new donor this time, but hopefully results will give us a second baby. xfingers

Good luck if you are going, and if you are considering ISIS, I recommend it 100%.

:)