You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "vikki444" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 24th 2010

Monday, December 6th 2010, 12:47pm

Stockport PCT - suspending IVF treatment!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys im freaking out was referred for ICSi on the 16th November not heard anything from St Marys in Manchester yet though and jsut read that Stockport PCT have cut their IVF funding:
" IVF funding suspended
NHS Stockport is to suspend funding for IVF treatment as part of its drive to deliver £21 million worth of savings.

The trust will provide funds so that patients on its current IVF waiting list may receive treatment but no new patients will be added to the list.

Patients, on the waiting list, who’ve yet to start treatment will have one cycle paid for whilst those who have already had one cycle will receive funding for one further cycle to a maximum of two.

NHS Stockport provides funds for an average of 68 patients a year to receive IVF at St Marys Hospital in Manchester at an annual cost of around a third of a million pounds.

But during consultations with community groups in the borough, IVF funding has consistently been seen as a low priority by people in Stockport.

Richard Popplewell, the trust’s Chief Executive said “We fully appreciate that infertility is a highly emotive issue and our decision will be an unpopular one with some people.

“However, as with all public sector organisations, we are facing a serious financial challenge so we have to make difficult decisions to protect core front line services for the majority.

“We have to make these decisions now as our funding position for future years looks equally challenging.”

The decision to suspend the service will be reviewed in twelve months time.

The trust needs to deliver millions of pounds of efficiencies because demand on local NHS services is increasingly outstripping funding.

Health chiefs want to protect established front line services as much as possible so they have cut management costs, brought in a recruitment freeze and made other HQ efficiencies as part of a cost cutting exercise.

However, because of the level of savings needed, more needs to be done to ensure the trust balances its books at the end of the financial year.

A full review is underway to ensure that NHS resources are being used as efficiently as possible and that funding is available for high priority health needs."

Does this mean that i wont get any or will they count the 16th November as me being on the wait list? If anyone knows of a number i can call at St marys for more info please please please let me know!
Jan11 clomid :BFP: Feb 11 M/C 9wks 6days

7/7/11 clomid :BFP: 24/08: ERPC

26/1/12 2 embies back 12/02/12 :BFN:

Aug12 :BFP:

10/04/13 bab22

Peppa

Monday, December 6th 2010, 7:36pm

Hello Vikki
I'm afraid i dont have any real advice but i have managed to find the clinic's contact details on the HFEA website http://guide.hfea.gov.uk/guide/Overview.…e=67&&s=l&nav=8
Maybe they will be able to advise you on the details of when the suspension of funding was inforced and find out if you got on the list beforehand. Good luck xfingers

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 3:11pm

Hi Peppa thanks for the link got my letter through so thinking that means im ok providing bloods and scans are ok will find out at the consultation how many sessions im allowed

10/04/13 bab22

Reg: Mar 18th 2011

Friday, March 18th 2011, 10:47am

Hi, Im new here too, Trafford also suspended treatment last year, but unforunately forgot to tell the gynacologists !!

Last year, as far as I was concerned I had been referred to St Marys in February, I chased St Marys up and they told me that I needed to contact my Primary Care Trust

After much ringing around, finally got through to the lady in charge at the PCT and she confirmed it had been suspended, and that they were compiling a list for the PCT approval, they then sent me a questionaire asking about age, health and whether I had IVF previously, I also needed my GP to write to the PCT confirming they have recommended me for IVF treatment. The lady at the PCT was very helpful and explained that St Marys had been over treating people and that there was no money left to pay for new treatment (Trafford operate a 1 cycle rule but St Marys had been giving 3 cycles). Anyway finally moved up the list and got referred to St Marys in Sept, and had 1st consult in Dec.

If you have been waiting around with no progress, I would contact your PCT to get the definitive answer on the IVF protocol as the NHS GPs, Consultants etc do not have a clue !!!

I suspect with the economy and the goverment cuts eventually all NHS funding for IVF will be reduced :-( :-(

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 2nd 2011, 1:08pm

Just in case anyone wanted to know if you fall under stockport your application has to be processed by the hospital before the 26th november 2010 any applications after this date do not qualify unless there are extenuating circumstances, we made it by 4 days!!! Only other option is to get your GP to appeal or to see if u can transfer to a different county, liverpool or manchester etc

10/04/13 bab22

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests