You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Reg: Jun 1st 2010

Wednesday, May 25th 2011, 12:01pm

Congrats, Brave Girl!
Brave baby is a such a wonderful boy, as I can see.
My Gala was born 4. feb and had got dark hair ,as well. A lot of it. Now it got brighter.
I haven' been visiting this site much,I'm banned to searching diaries due to new admins rules ,so this is the first time I've got some news about you.
I hope you had a smooth delivery and recovery and litlle Oscar has fulfilled your home and life with his crying, smiling and gu- gu-ing.
Wish you all the best and happy growing up!
Kisses & hugs!

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 8:55pm

A BFP for a very complicated immune case!

I would like to share my story to give hope to all the immune ladies on FZ....lot of love...Rii...xoxo

My story:

I know this will be a surprise for many on FZ but I decided to do my last cycle and stay away from FZ NOT because I did not need your lovely support ladies but I needed time away from researching and focusing and stressing on each step. I was addicted to google and that was always making things worse. I also did not want to disappoint you ladies with another BFN. With 3 BFN I could not face another one so I thought if it was another BFN I would stay quiet and try again. I want to tell my story and give hope to all those ladies that get BFN after BFN because I truly believe immune treatment is what made it happen for me. Immune treatment might not be for everyone, but after 2 BFN and 3 lovely embryos put back each time I felt “something” was wrong. I owe you ladies and FZ so much, without your help and advice I would have never heard of immune treatment and Dr. Gorgy. I went to see him last year and found out that I was a very very complicated immune case and I almost gave up. Not only did I need the dreaded Humira, but I also needed IVIG, Intralipids, high dosage of steroids (25mg and went up to 40mg), clexane twice a day, Gestone, Cyclogest, baby asprin, folic acid 5mg, B6, B12, and Omega 3.

I live in Dubai so for IVF/ICSI 3 in January I packed my bags and moved to London for 5 weeks! I did everything, list of vitamins that is too long to list, acupuncture, all the above immune drugs, but was heartbroken Feb 7 with a BFN and went back home a few days after…

I knew I could not give up…came back ready to go April 11…what did I do different this time, I did not do acupuncture, only vitamins I took were Folic acid, B6, B12, and Omega 3. I Stayed away from fertility stuff and from my laptop. Also, something important to note, my cytokines came back high at 52 and Dr. G recommended I take more Humira and wait another 3 months! I refused. I had already waited 3 months! I did not want to waste more time when I truly felt Humira was not working. I took it several times and each time my cytokines remained high and always flared up! I told him I will take IVIG and Intralipids and forget about Humira. That also seemed to do the trick. Steroids this cycle started from Day 1 of stimming instead of Day 6. I had intralipids 3 times before EC, and IVIG twice. Clexane started on day 5.

DH took some time off work and I was lucky to have him for the 2WW. I rested for 2 days after ET. Then all we did was try to forget and enjoy our time in London! I can’t say time flew by and I did symptom watch but I did try my best to forget about the 2WW and stay positive. Day 3 I had till Day 6 I had cramping and got scared because they were exactly the same as AF cramps! One night in bed they were so sharp for 2 minutes then went away. Day 12 and Day 13 before testing I was exhausted from walking 20 min! Day 13 was really scary. I had some brown spotting and started crying and could not take it anymore. I gave up. I told DH it might be a BFN so please be ready for the worst. He googled brown spotting on his phone and found it could be a good thing! I was so upset because deep down I allowed myself some hope and I truly believed we might get lucky this time. Day 12 and Day 13 I also made my DH run out to buy lemons at midnight and I would eat 3 at a time with Salt. So it made me think…maybe it worked this time!!!! But of course like we all know we are so afraid to believe you start doubting your body and your mind plays tricks on you.

May 7 2011, a year later from my first IVF and 4 IVF’s later, it was our turn. God has blessed us with our miracle. We got the call, and hugged and cried and could not believe it. I am still in denial and very scared and very cautious. We have not told anyone other than our parents and siblings. Only two of my best friends know because they knew about the IVF cycle. After one of our scans on Week 8 I had some brown spotting and my world stopped. But luckily all was needed was rest for 2 days and Dr. G upped my dosage of steroids from 25 mg to 40 mg. I am now 12 weeks pregnant and don’t take a day for granted. I am aware this can be snatched from us any time. I have not stopped praying…I wish I can stop worrying and just enjoy this pregnancy but I think this is a common feeling with IVF ladies…the worrying just never stops…

Thank you FZ and thank you FZ ladies….i would not be here without you….
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Monday, July 4th 2011, 3:47pm

Wonderful news Rii :hugs:

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Children: Our miracle baby is on it's way!

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 4:16pm

I've posted this in your diary and on your bfp announcement but wanted to repeat in here so others can see that I'm also a success story with Dr Gorgy.

Oh Rii, I've just read this and am so so pleased for you. It was very emotional for me reading your post and story of what happened and I have had a cry. I understand why you kept it quiet. I'm so pleased that you went for it with another go. Us IVF ladies (and particularly us immunies) become the strongest of all and we try, try and try again and mustn't give up ... And you have now been rewarded with your wonderful miracle.
And another success with Dr Gorgy! I had my BFP last month and as you can see from my ticker, I am now over 7 weeks. Steriods, clexane, aspirin & intralipids (I didn't have the LIT in the end - did you have it?)

AMH 8.4 (me=36). 6 cycles clomid. Immune issues.
1st IVF cycle April 11 - canx due to endo cyst.
2nd IVF cycle with immune meds May 11 :BFP: [zx076] seen 5wk5d, 8wk5d, 12wk
"There can be miracles when you believe"
My diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 5th 2008

Children: Yes please!

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 8:03pm

That's wonderful to hear your success story Rii - congratulations!!

I've just started tx with Dr Gorgy. So far I have taken 2 Humira injections and am booked in for LIT. I will then be taking IVIG, clexane, extra progesterone support.

My cytokine levels were 61%, so I hope that the humira is going to help. What do you think helped with yours in the end?
xx
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
(ICSI x 4, FET x 6 - 2 early losses)
Tx no. 10 - Immune Protocol through Dr Gorgy :BFP:
MY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Beanie5" (Jul 5th 2011, 8:04pm)

Rii

Star

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 8:25pm

Hi Beanie,

I posted in the LIT thread but i feel IVIG and intralipids worked better than humira but that is for me cause i kept flaring up to humira. Wait and see what your blood results show. Ur body may respond really well to humira. xfingers xfingers xfingers

I did LIT twice and got retested and did not need it again! Thank God!

I am also taking all drugs u listed. It seems we have a very similar protocol.

good luck sweety! xoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)

Rii

Star

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 8:28pm

Fluffy and CB thank u!!! blowkiss

Fluffy i did have the LIT but only before my January cycle!

xoxox
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE