You are not logged in.

Unread posts

mole84

• "mole84" started this thread

Reg: Jan 12th 2009

Tuesday, June 28th 2011, 7:36pm

what happens next?

Hi everyone!

well a few weeks ago me and DH sent of our information sheet requesting someone contacted us regarding starting the adoption process and today they did!
Someone from our local council rang but i was at work and missed the call! :(
she wont be in until thurs now so will have to wait until then to speak to her but never mind.
I cant believe how nervous i am about even speaking to this woman! I suppose it now feels like its all real and im scared and excited at the same time.

Im just wondering what kind of things she will ask me when i call her back?
and what will happen after that? will she come and see us at the house or is the next step to go to the info meeting?
so many questions haha :snigger:
?o(

Early Menopause due to Leukemia treatment in 2004
Starting adoption process June 2011

MY ADOPTION DIARY
starsmile

Calypso

Superstar

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 9:41pm

Hi there

I'm not sure what they will have telephoned you for, it may be that there is an info session coming up quite soon and they want to see if you are available for it. Alternatively, they may be trying to arrange to come and visit you. It's difficult to say because all the agencies and LAs seem to work in a slightly different way.

Hopefully you'll be able to get in touch with them soon!

Good luck!

X

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

Ash84

• "Ash84" started this thread

Thursday, June 30th 2011, 6:20pm

Hi Calypso

I spoke to the lady who rang today and she is coming to see us on monday, i imagine after that we will attend an info meeting in the next few months :)
very excited about it but very nervous aswell, hope she likes us haha :snigger:

xx

MY ADOPTION DIARY
starsmile

Demi

Star

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: Approved to adopt January 2012

Saturday, July 2nd 2011, 3:11pm

Good luck for Monday hun. Don't worry about the meeting, we were surprised at how 'normal' and laid back the Social Workers all are, and they're not out to get you at all, they want to help you to make sure that you make the right decisions. They told us that the best advice they can give, is for us to be open and hoonest, and hold nothing back from them, don't try to hide anything. The more you give, the easier and shorter the process is, and there's less chance of them getting the match right and hopefully making the right decisions for you, as well as the child. The last thing they want is a failed placement because that's no go for anyone, especially the child. Just be yourselves, and don't think they're looking for perfect, because nobody is. Looking forward to hearing how everything's going xxx

Calypso

Superstar

Monday, July 4th 2011, 8:43pm

Hope it went well today! xfingers

Let us know! :smile:

X

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but about learning how to dance in the rain

Jan 08 Fibroid removed. May 08 IUI - BFN :sadface:
Nov 08 IVF 7 eggs (just one fertilised :sadface: - BFN
May 09 ICSI 1 - 7 eggs (two fertilised) BFN :sadface:
Aug 09 Another fibroid removed
Nov 09 ICSI 2 - 1 mature egg (it fertilised) BFN :sadface:

My journey is now over

Ash84

• "Ash84" started this thread

Tuesday, July 5th 2011, 5:13pm

Well we had our visit yesterday and it seemed to go ok, she just had a few concerns about my health and the house. we obviousley know there is alot of work that needs to be done to the house which we are doing at the moment, and when i mentioned my past health problems she looked very confused haha! said she would have to speak to the medical advisor and get back to me, i should be hearing from her tomorrow xfingers
Ive got a feeling the medical advisor will be a bit confused aswell, not many doctors have heard of the condition i suffered from after the leukemia, its called graft versus host disease and it affected all my joints and skin, i was in a wheelchair for about 2 years X( it was a complication from the bone marrow transplant, so im guessing he will need to speak with one of the many doctors i used to have :snigger:
im ok now but still have a few joint problems (not being able to straighten my fingers properly etc) nothing that really bothers me because im so used to it now but she was a little confused and thought she better check.
She also wanted to check if enough time had passed since my cancer treatment.
sooooo she should be calling me back tomorrow to let me know, im very nervous! the next prep course is sep and i really hope we are on it! xfingers

xxx

MY ADOPTION DIARY
starsmile

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE