You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 20 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Winter

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Winter" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:18pm

Asking for copies of test results

Sorry for such a stupid question but I know someone will be able to tell me the answer!

We've been undergoing fertility investigations through the NHS but have started looking at other options. A lot of private clinics want you to pay for the tests that I have already had done through the NHS. Can I ask the NHS for our records and if so who do I ask? Do I ask my GP or the hospital itself and is there a fee for doing so?

Also can they give you them straight away or do you have to wait for them and if so how long for?

so confusing ?(

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Winter

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:21pm

Forgot to say the test results I need most are my bloods and his SA although if they could give me the others like my HSG scans etc that would be good - not sure how much is reasonable to ask for (if any)

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

flump

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Children: A 13 year old daughter

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:24pm

Ooh, good question. I'm also interested in the answer to this one :smile: I wonder if the clinics prefer to do their own - I think for the fsh test different clinics use different assays which can give a very different result but that's about all I know ?o(

babydust to us all

Me & OH both 31
One gorgeous DD (from previous r/ship) born 11/04/97
TTC 2 years
Waiting (im)patiently for Consultant's appt on 3/8/10 after an 8 month wait
Me -LH 6, FSH 12, Day 2. Looks like I may be running low on eggies
OH - 77 mil count, 16% fast progressive, 24% slow ones, 3% normal forms, Head to head agglutination

PMA all the way

Winter

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:28pm

I hadn't thought of that but having seen the price lists for the various tests then it would be great if they could use some of them if not all! Just hope someone can tell us...

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
Two gorgeous boys.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, July 14th 2010, 9:32pm

Yup. You are entitled to copies of all your medical files. You may have to pay for the photocopying (I think its about 10 pound) but they have to provide them to you within 40 days.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 20 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE