You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 11th 2011

Children: 2 and a half year old Twin boys

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 9:04pm

HI there i notice this has not been posted on in a while but still hope that someone will know what the feelings i am having are like and maybe help answer my questions,
I had an ectopic while on clomid back in 2004 then lap and dye discovered both tubes blocked, so was refferred for ivf.....1st and 2nd trys esulted in hypestimmulatin, then fnally we made it to egg recovery in late 2007 but i hyperstimulated again so 9 embryo's were frozen!! 2 were put back in Jan 208 an our adorable Twin boys were orn at 34 weeks in August 2008 due to be developing eclapmsia which i thank fully pulled through from !!

Our boys will be 3 in August this year and we are looking to go back for another FT but as yet i have not rang clinic to find out what the in's and outs of it are. We were funded by NHS for our treatment and as we only got to transfer once it counted as 1 try but due to now having children i think this means we are not entitlled to funding for FET am unsure of costs etc as yet just wondring if anyone else has been here and can offer advice ? xx

Look forward to hearing from you :D

Saturday, March 12th 2011, 11:45pm

please excuse the typo's above i have a new laptop and the keys are set differently so i keep mising them :/ sorry xx

Pootle

Megastar

• "Pootle" started this thread

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 3:25pm

Hello Mrs Brightside, welcome to FZ. And congrats on your 2 lovely little boys! My DD1 was born early too, due to pre-eclampsia, at 32 weeks. I found this website really helpful during my subsequent pregnancy (not endorsed by FZ) http://pesupport.friendhood.net/

Usually if you have children you aren't entitled to NHS funding for treatment - it might be worth phoning your PCT to check, or ask for a copy of their policy. And your clinic will be able to give you estimated costs for your FET treatment.

Wishing you lots of luck. There's lots of diaries in the TA section where you'll find ladies in similar situations - hope you find lots of support here.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Sunday, March 13th 2011, 8:40pm

HI there Pootle, thanks for the reply.

Congrats on your miracle dd1 and dd2 :D, i had pre eclampsia then took eclampsia after elivery with fitting aswell and am pretty luckt to still be here but very thankful i can remember mush of it as it has not put me off trying to make our boys big brothers :D
I think you are right i will have to pay but it is all so confusing as a friend of a friend has just gone through icsi for the 4th time ( she has 2 kids already) and all 4 go's were hns funded and through chatting she has had the same if not more drugs than i would need so i am pretty confused as to what the resons for the diference is :/ i will ring to find ut from the clinic and that will put my mind at rest :)

Thanks for yur help and advice i will take a look at the TA section too :D

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 9:24pm

Well, long time no chatter for me!

I have finally got 5 mins to have a little mooch about and feel brave enough to come out and say that I want to fall pg with no 2 now. I really really really do! Which is super odd considering the situation that I was in when having my little twinkle. Still, time heals and now she is the ripe ol' age of 1 I want a sibling.

Now that this admission is out in the open I am going off to have a mooch about and hopefully catch up with some old names and stories.

x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

Reg: Jul 22nd 2008

Children: One beautiful daughter after 2nd ICSI attempt :) She was born October 2009

Wednesday, June 29th 2011, 1:32pm

Hey everyone. I haven't been on here for a loooong time.
I was lucky enough for our 2nd round of ICSI to work and I have a beautiful 20 month old girl now.
I'm just about to start round 3 and hopefully baby number 2.

just wanted to pop in again. :) I'll have a proper look in later when my little monkey has gone to bed.

hope youre all doing ok. it'll be nice to see some familiar faces again :happy:

Pooch
me 42, DH 35
ICSI 1 2009 :(
ICSI 2 2009 :BFP:
ICSI 3 2011 :(
ICSI 4 2012 ??? hopefully!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE