You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "xStarGirlx" started this thread

Tuesday, May 10th 2011, 3:54pm

FET following Ectopic tube removal :-(

Hi I wonder if anyone can help with a few questions I have please?

Following a successful ICSI cycle in November I had a MMC at 10 weeks. I had 2 ERPCs as the first one missed some of the "tissue". I then miraculously conceived naturally (DH has count/motility/morphology issues) in March but it turned out to be ectopic and I had emergency surgery and a tube removed 5 weeks ago when the baby was 6 weeks.

I was lucky enough to get a frostie from my ICSI cycle and was due to start a natural FET in April (but my natural preg scuppered that)! I had done a test cycle and had bloods done to ensure I was ovulating and all came back ok. Sooooo....

my questions are -

Would I still be able to do a natural FET cycle now I only have one tube? As far as I can tell you still OV each month regardless...

I don't want to ring my clinic as its still so early and we would look to do the FET in the Autumn - just thinking about finances as we only get 1 cycle so have to pay for the frostie transfer x

Thanks in advance x
:BFP: ICSI Nov 10 = MMC at 10 week scan Jan 11
:BFP: 28/3/11 - natural Ectopic 8/4/11
:BFN: FET 22/8/11
:BFN: ICSI Jan 12
:BFN: FET Oct 13

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 2:19pm

Hi Stargirl,

So sorry to hear about your Ectopic, I lost my tube when I lost my baby, I managed to get to 12 though so was quite poorly afterwards.

Ive had one go on IVF and am due to start my second next month, the fact that I have no tubes makes no difference, i have both ovaries and still OV every month so I would think the same rules would apply to you, as long as you have your ovaries treatment should be no different to anyone elses.

I hope that helps, good luck! starsmile
Sabrina

IVF x 2 :BFN:
FET Oct 2011 :BFP: plese stay with us little one :angel2:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, June 15th 2011, 7:20pm

HI stargirl and sorry for your losses :hugs:

Your tubes won't affect ICSI or FET so do't worry about that. I don't know how long they normally wait between an ectopic and a FET. I think you would have to ask your clinic to be 100% sure.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE