You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Shelly Frost" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2011

Friday, May 20th 2011, 9:51pm

How successful is clomid????? Help please! ;-)

Hi everyone,

i am new to the forum and hoping to share stories with people that understand.

Over the last four years i have gone from a size 22 to a size 8/10, i didnt loose the weight fast and exercised throughout. Its been the best thing i have ever done, with my confidence growing rapidly and there is no better feeling that fitted into clothes i only ever dreamed about, BUT!!! its caused one of the biggest and upsetting problems in our lives. My body has gone into doment stopping my periods, I havent ovulated for over two years and have been trying for children for a year and a half. i miscarried four years ago when i was bigger and had no problems dropping on.

i have been waiting for two years having lots of blood test and water samples from the doctors to find out why i am not ovulating and still to this day they dont exactly know and just putting it down to my weight loss, i am not under weight and weight the correct amount for my height. I dont regret loosing the weight but cannot believe that i have done something for the good and has caused me lots of problems and preventing me from having the one thing we ever want. my partner has been ever so supportive and also has been tested to make sure everything is ok and hes fine.

over the past four weeks i have been starting the process of clomid, i am on my first cycle 50mg days 2-6 and on day 22 of the cycle, i am really wanting to know anyone that this has worked for anyone that has had this happened to. thanks girls!!! am praying this works for us! :-)

Friday, May 20th 2011, 10:03pm

Didn't want to read and run and just wanted to say I have total admiration for you with all that weight loss, well done you! That is just amazing!! Sorry to hear that it has muddled your body up a little, but pleased to hear that you are getting the help you need to help you have a baby. I can't help you on a success story as I was on clomid for 9 months and it didn't work for us, but all too often I think it is used as a bit of a stop gap for people like me who came into the "unexplained" category. I know for a fact I was ovulating, so am not really sure why I was on the stuff!! HOWEVER, I would like to say that I think you probably have a very good chance of it helping you because you don't ovulate and clomid is used precisely for that reason - it stimulates the ovaries to help you ovulate. Sometimes it stimulates more than one egg to come out, which doubles your chances of getting one baby or means you might end up with twins! Your GP will be keeping and eye on you to see if you ovulate this month and if not, and if not, then I suspect they may put your dose up a little to see if that helps. Got everything crossed for you and wishing you ever success. xxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Amazing Grace" (May 20th 2011, 10:04pm)

• "Shelly Frost" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2011

Friday, May 20th 2011, 10:10pm

thanks it means alot, its nice to talk to people that can answer questions that go through your head, the docs said eventually my body will snap out of it and things like this normally happens to runners and people that over exersice, i do go to gym regular but nothing that i woulld say was too much. i am unsure to when you take the pregnancy test though, as i have no idea when or how long my cycles are as i havent had one for two years. yeah i have read about clomid possiably giving opp for twins, i would love twins!!lol one would be enough though. thanks for your help!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, May 21st 2011, 6:19am

Hi Shelly Frost and welcome to :FZ:
Yes clomid is for people that do not ovulate. I had to take it cos it took a long time for my body to go back to normal after my first m/c, and it did work I ovulated. But I didn't get pregnant because I had blocked tubes so I had to have an operation and then move on after IVF.
xfingers it'll work for you
Well done on the weight loss! :thumbsup:

Reg: Oct 19th 2006

What's Up?
Tech support is currently limited

Saturday, May 21st 2011, 7:00am

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section
HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a general fertility section
HERE there is tonnes of information there that you may find helpful and will answer some of your questions.

There is a general fertility FAQ section
HERE which contains lots of guides to different aspects of fertility.

There is a guide to the initial fertility tests
HERE which explains the tests you can expect to be offered.

There is a TTC naturally section
HEREwhere you can get to know others TTC naturally.

There is a TTC naturally chatter thread
HERE where you can chat and get to know others TTC naturally.

There is a cycle buddies section
HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section
HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a CLOMID CHICKS CHAT thread
HERE where all the clomid girls hang out and support each other.

There is a cycle buddies section
HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section
HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE