You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "pheobe" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 6:22pm

The Fertility & Gynea Academy in London - Appt looming!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all hanging in there and making progress with treatments and plans.

Just wanted to let you know where I am currently....well I tried to get an appt at tge ARGC in London for Immunology testing. Turns out my BUPA covers (thank god) will cover the blood tests for Immunology as it is classed as 'invesigations'.

In short having registered with the ARGC not quite at paying the £50 registration fee we waited for an appt in the post. It arrived. However after chasing for it for a while we then find out that we can't have immunology testing at ARGC unless we are having treatment with them....not what I was led to believe so great all that time wasted. Turns out this is a new thing making it compulsory to have TX there if you have immunology testing.

So decided to look at the Dr Gorgy route, turns out we can see him or I think we may need to see Dr Eskander as he is the BUPA registered one of the two. All set for end of May.

What can I expect?
Anyone seen Dr Eskander before?

Got to write to Bourn next requesting my notes be written up so I can take them with me, and I think we need to take our passports. Got an appt with them for my review (day before) so quite a full on fertility week.

Oh well I think we are making progress.

Bit worried about what they may find but whatever it is as long as it is treatable I will cope 'somehow'. If they find nothing then I will so much more positive about our third ICSI in October xfingers

Still having good and bad days after our BFN. I so want us to have a baby - life is so unfair sometimes huh!

Big hugs to you all
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 6:31pm

Hi pheobe sound you are pressing ahead. I hope it all works out for you.

I am waiting for my medical records and had to postpone my review appointment from June to July.
I am still struggling with my BFN and don't feel ready so I will give myself some time.
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 7:51pm

Hi pheobe,

I have been treated by both Dr. Gorgy and Dr. Eskander. They are both lovely and so nice. Dr. Gorgy will seem shy at first but he is so kind. Dr. Eskander is more outgoing. I had to see Dr. Eskander when Dr. Gory was out of town. He covers for him.

They are both very busy. But once you are with them they will give you your fair time. Make sure you take a pen and note pad and ask lots of questions but also anything they tell you note it down. Once you leave there is so much new info to learn u will forget.

I understand your worry. I was also scared after two failed ICSI's and thought it was too early for me too test. But thank God i did. I had lots of issues but they all have solutions. And lots of ladies on FZ got immune treatment and got pregnant! So there is a happy ending!

You can PM me anytime.

lots of love,

Rii

xoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 10:10pm

Hi Zahra,

Was just looking to see if you had a diary wanted to keep in touch with you...bless you hun I too am struggling but the only way I feel I can heal is to move on with plans so I can see some hope. You take all the time you need honey. Get your appts sorted and take it in and then take some time to absorb it all.

I have a diary now so keep in touch with me :)

Hi Rii,

Bless you thanks so much for feeding back to me. Thank goodness you got your bloods done eh....at least you are on the right road now. How often do you have to be monitored with your bloods? Did you have TX with the Academy folks or elsewhere. I still have a free go to go at Bourn, Bourn are happy to work with a plan of immunology and I understand Dr Gorgy works with clinics outside his academy.

I have just done a diary so feeling it all a bit tonight - too much chatting about it reminds me what one hell of a journey this is :(

Thanks for stopping by

x
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Reg: Jul 16th 2010

Saturday, May 14th 2011, 11:05pm

Hi
I just wanted to say GOOD LUCK with your immunology appointments Phoebe - I hope it all goes well for you this time xx.

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 18th 2011

Children: Our miracle baby is on it's way!

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 10:13am

Hi Pheobe, just wanted to reiterate what Rii said about making notes whilst you're there. I've written about that and Dr G on the previous thread of Beanie's. They will talk about your reasons for testing and any auto-immune conditions which you might have. They will describe treatment but not in much detail as they can't say what you might be given without knowing the test results. You will have your testing at a different building (it's in Wimpole Str aswell but afew doors down). They will do your testing after the appointment (if you still want to go ahead with it). Be warned that they take ALOT of blood from you. From what I can remember (I can't remember exactly as have had so many bloods taken since! - you might want to check on my previous threads/posts) my DH had 5 tubes taken (and he nearly fainted!!) and I had about 12 tubes taken! We both had to have a sit down afterwards (there are comfy sofas in the waiting room). Take some food and drink with you. Dr G will also talk about having advanced infection testing aswell so you might want to make a decision on that before going. Don't worry about the results, whatever they find it can be treated and I saw that as a very positive thing.

Good luck. xxx

AMH 8.4 (me=36). 6 cycles clomid. Immune issues.
1st IVF cycle April 11 - canx due to endo cyst.
2nd IVF cycle with immune meds May 11 :BFP: [zx076] seen 5wk5d, 8wk5d, 12wk
"There can be miracles when you believe"
My diary

Rii

Star

Reg: Mar 2nd 2010

Children: Blessed with two miracles December 2011

Sunday, May 15th 2011, 3:34pm

I am also doing IVF with Dr. Gorgy because i am from Dubai. But he treats lots of women who cycle with other clinics and has no problem with that. So no worries. He did my bloods several times only because i had high cytokines and i was on certain medication then he monitors it with repeat of bloods. But don't worry about all that now. First step is get your bloods done and wait for results.

It is a hard journey and nobody truly understands unless they have been through it. We are all here for you...u will get there one day lovely....immune treatment works...we just have to try to stay positive which is so difficult but just take it one day at a time....thinking of you...xoxo
ICSI 1-April 2010 BFN
ICSI 2-July 2010 BFN
ICSI 3-January 2011 Immune Cycle- BFN (Humira, LIT, Intralipids, IVIG, Clexane, Progesterone & Steroids)
ICSI 4- April 2011 Immune Cycle - Blessed with a :BFP:

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Children: one IVF miracle, yippee!!!!!

Monday, May 16th 2011, 11:06am

Hi Pheobe, hope you are ok hun. I have been looking for you and wanted to see where you were upto with it all. blowkiss

It's so difficult after a BFN isnt it but I like you am now making positive steps so at least I feel like I am doing something, think I have done all my crying now, surely there cant be any tears left!!??

I see you are having Immune tests done, I am having them done tomorrow at my clinic Care, level 1 & 2, I am abit scared though as I have heard they take alot of blood!!!

Let's hope it will be 3rd time lucky for us both!!! :angel2:

Me:32 DH:34 TTC:3yrs
IVF 1 2 & 3 BFN :bawl:
4th FET with Immunes March 12 :BFP: :pray: please stay with us :angel2:
bab22 Joseph William ~ Born 13/12/12 ~ 7.13lb!

Monday, May 16th 2011, 8:51pm

Blinking computer! Thought i had replied but it hasn't logged, sorry ladies....

Anna thanks for stopping by honey! Bet you are looking forward to your holiday, hope everything ok?! Keep me posted in my diary, or if you have I will find you!

Fluffy thank you, yes will defo take my notepad! Yes, lots of blood week, however the 12 you think lol is better than I thought, I thought 24 thought quite a dramatic way to lose weight. Think i may fall down, bring on the chocolate hee heee!
Have any idea why you immunology cycle failed, was it levels, I heard sometimes it's like starting again till they get it right, is that true?

Shelle Hun, good luck, let me know how it goes! Are you doing the consultation all in one day.... Well let's hope it really is third time lucky.

I will update my diary in the male factor infertility diaries, As per my signature x

Cheers ladies xxxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw