You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Podie

• "Podie" started this thread

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Children: 1 daughter from first marriage, currently 18 years old. She's the best.

Monday, May 10th 2010, 3:38pm

Egg donation may be our only chance

Hi all

Have just come back from The Chilterns Clinic (Great Missenden) and had it confirmed that my eggs are well and truly passed their sell by date (I'm 37). Have had 2 failed IVF cycles producing poor quality eggs and lots of fragmentation (despite getting lots of eggs and they nearly all fertilised, so particularly frustrating) Had to go home as I was too upset to go back to work.

So! Our options are: give up trying for a baby, have another go at IVF (though the Consultant was doubtful there would be any change) or go for egg donation. He has recommended the IVI clinics in Spain.

Can anyone pass on any advice to me?

At the moment I am still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I can never give the man of my dreams the babies he so sincerely yearns for, but I know I'll be ok eventually. So any positive words about egg donation would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks and big kisses to all of you xxxx
Cuddles to everyone xxx :girl_witch:

Sun Flower

Superstar

Monday, May 10th 2010, 3:47pm

Hi
welcome to FZ, I am sorry you have been given bad news about your egg reserve, but great news that you can look into donor egg treatment and create your much wanted family with your DH. You may get more responses if you post a question in the donor egg threads, here is the link: Egg Donation

I will also leave your post here as you can then chat to ladies who have used or are thinking of using clinics abroad

wishing you loads of luck with your ttc journey xx

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, May 10th 2010, 5:12pm

Hey Podie

Welcome to FZ! I'm sorry you are going through this hun, if it helps at all, I understand exactly how you feel. I found out my eggs were past it last year, I was only 33 at the time too.

As you can see from my ticker though I have a happy ending. Our consultant also recommended Spain to us and we were treated at the Institut Marques in Barcelona. IM were an excellent clinic but it is my understanding that there are many excellent IVF clinics in Spain, they all seem to have good results and reputations.

The thing about Spain is that there are generally no waiting lists, their donors are anonymous and alturistic and, despite what people might think, they don't get paid to donate, other than expenses.

My advise would be to make sure you look into it thoroughly before making a decision, you need to be sure about what you are undertaking and I appreciate that deciding to use donor eggs is not an easy thing to do. I found the doctors in Spain very good but also they treat you slightly different, more matter of fact and less emotionally attached. I don't mean this to sound like a negative, just want to let you know my experience and that it took some getting used to.

I could not be happier at the decision I have made, I get to give my husband his own child and still experience pregnancy and childbirth. I shall be forever grateful for the gift that another lady out there has given me. It might be worth you checking out the donor conception network and also look into Epigenetics. This is a study which states that your physiology has an effect on the baby, making it uniquely yours and different from the one the donor might have had.

:goodluck: with whatever you decide to do and if you've got any more questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Children: Two. Adopted daughter and son conceived through IUI

Wednesday, May 12th 2010, 9:50pm

Hi Podie

Sorry that you find yourself in this emotionally diificult situation. I was diagnosed with POF when I was 31 years old so I understand how frustrating and desperate it can feel.

I was lucky in that I adopted my daughter then amazingly had my son. Although adoption isn't for everyone the experience helped me realise that being a parent is not just about genes it is so much more than that. I feel the same about both of my children.

Like you I want to give my DH a child (I had children when we met) I'm now going to Spain for treatment using a donor and I can honsetly say that I accept this situation. I know that coming to terms with things takes time but I hope that I've helped you towards feeling positive.

Good luck :hugs: :xxx3:
:hello:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995
1996 adopt gorgeous daughter [zx127]
IUI :BFP: 1998 gorgeous son :P
Egg donation 2005 :BFN: ;(
Embryo donation 23.6.10 :BFN: ;(

MY DIARY

Reg: Jun 7th 2009

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 7:29pm

Hi Podie

worth googling destination health, there is an event at Olympia on 26-27 June and there are about 10 different overseas fertility clinics exhibiting.

The event is free but the web page give details of the clinics so you can look up their own web pages, a bit of extra research doesn't hurt!

Like you I need donor eggs but am anxious about abroad. No waiting list but I'm told more expensive but I want to get some first hand info to help me decide.

Best of luck
G
:xxx3:

Gracie

What's Up?

Thursday, May 13th 2010, 9:05pm

Hey Gallgoo

Just as a rough guide, you would be looking at anything between 5K and 10K for a cycle using donor eggs in Spain. I understand your caution as I was the same, it's quite daunting but well worth it I think.

Goodluck to you.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Friday, May 14th 2010, 7:34pm

Hi hon,

I struggled with the idea of donor eggs and had to wrestle my way through all the emotions until me and hubby made our peace with it. It isn't an easy thing, but I have been blessed with an adorable little boy - and he makes the journey worthwhile. Good luck whatever you decide :hugs: xxx

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

AbbyP

Reg: Jul 11th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful boy born Jan '11

Tuesday, June 1st 2010, 11:40am

Hi Podie

Good luck honey - we were in a similar position this time last year and I was devastated at the idea that I might not have my own child. However, thanks to the support and help from so many women here, I started looking into donor. Before we made any decisions we went to see an independent couples/fertility counsellor so that we could address anything that we may not have thought of. We found this so useful because it brought up lots of interesting and unexpected questions about how we/I would deal with having a child that wasn't biologically mine. In the end, it really doesn't matter to us - as the child will be "mine" as it will spend 9 months growing inside me. I then researched between 5 and 10 different clinics in different countries, and short-listed about 5. I then rang them each individually to see which one I got the best "feel" for. We ended up choosing FIV in Madrid but I agree with Gracie - the clinics in Spain have such a great attitude towards egg donation. Donors are actively encouraged to donate for altruistic rather than financial reward which is why there is no shortage of donors and hence no waiting list.

Anyway, whatever you decide good luck. xxx
After 5 IVF & DIVF our miracle DS was born in Jan 2011.
2 failed attempts since but xfingers for 2015

Now dedicated to helping others achieve their dream.
For more info visit nurtureme.uk

Podie

• "Podie" started this thread

Children: 1 daughter from first marriage, currently 18 years old. She's the best.

Monday, November 8th 2010, 1:30pm

Wow, thanks everyone for your lovely and helpful replies. I've been out of touch with FZ recently as my email address changed and I forgot to update it here (and hence missed out on all the emails).

DH and I went to the Fertility Show at the weekend and have come back with answers, mainly more questions and lots of overwhelming information. There was a clinic called Neoginfer http://www.neoginfer.com/en/ that was offering affordable egg donation for £3,500! :mmmmmm
Sounds too good to be true? Well their website is very basic and lacks any proper data, but I'm waiting to see what they email me. Anyone else heard of them?

I'm currently trying the herbalistic approach (as it's better than doing nothing) and chucking the following tablets down my neck everyday; Royal Jelly, Co Enzyme Q10, Green Tea, L-arginine and Omega 369 on the hope that this will improve the 'environment' as I understand my egg quality cannot be improved on. I'm also on 50mg Clomid.

Good luck everyone

Jodie x
Cuddles to everyone xxx :girl_witch:

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Children: none

Sunday, April 24th 2011, 11:02pm

Hi Jodie,

I was wondering how you got on at the clinic in Spain as this is the one I have decided to go with, they give a 40 - 50% chance with women over 40yrs, they have been very good with all emails and phone calls I am now just waiting to here when I start .I am having donated eggs , this is my last chance as I am getting to old now.

Be good to hear from you.

Suzy

Gracie

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 27th 2011, 7:06pm

Hey Suzy

Just wantedd to pop by and wish you :goodluck: with your treatment. I don't know anything about your clinic but I had my treatment in Barcelona so appreciate what you are about to go through. Keep us all posted!

Love Gracie

xxxx

TTC since 04/06

One early loss, 04/09