You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "maliah09" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2009

Children: DD 11 and DS 6

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 12:43pm

Whats the next step when clomid doesnt work?

After taking 100mg clomid and no ov my consultant wants to review my treatment and try something else. Iov on first month of clomid(ov'd first month of 50mg clomid and got preg sadly mc'd) then 2 months of 50mg nothing. Upped to 100mg ov'd first month then nothing. I had to have a few months off due to an op. 100mg this month and nothing.
I'm waiting for an appointment to go back to sort it oout. I'm worried about the costs of drugs etc Can anyone help please

macD

Ace

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: Wonderful 7 year old boy

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 1:37pm

Hi maliah09,

Sorry I can't answer your question, I had 6 months of clomid 50mg, then eventually went on to have IVF/ICSI (didn't get pregnant).

I just wanted to wish you luck with your journey. I'm sure someone will be along soon who can give you an answer.

Take care, love, macD xx

• "maliah09" started this thread

Reg: Apr 7th 2009

Children: DD 11 and DS 6

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 2:09pm

Thanks for your reply.

IVF etc won't be an option for us ;( Can't afford it

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 8:43pm

Hi Maliah

I think probably the next steps aren't the same for everyone. Personally I went from clomid to IVF but other ladies go to hormone injections or IUI or maybe ovarian drilling as an option. Best bet is to have a chat with your consultant and see what s/he advises.

Good luck.

x

PS - Have just noticed you have 2 little ones - you should maybe also ring your PCT to see what treatment you might be entitled to - my PCT didn't even fund clomid as we already had a DD but it varies and if you're not having to have clomid privately, you may also be eligible for other treatment.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pootle" (Mar 30th 2011, 8:45pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, April 1st 2011, 10:18pm

Hiya,

We weren't eligible for IVF as my DH already had children but I did get clomid and ovarian drilling on the NHS.

I would give them a call and find out what you're entitled too like Pootle suggested.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE