You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sel

• "Sel" started this thread

Reg: Sep 22nd 2009

Children: St Marys

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 11:20am

Pre Op appointment

Hi all its been a while since i last posted so hope everyone is doing ok, i decided to take a few months off from the constant worry of doctors appointments and ivf in general really but now i'm back. We received a telephone call from St Marys yesterday telling us that there had been a cancellation and could we go next Monday for the pre op appointment for ssr, and then have the actual procedure on the 4th of may. I have been battling for the two plus years we have been waiting to get my weight under the 30 bmi requirements and am as of yesterday still at the stage where i need to lose about 6 or 7 pounds more to take me comfortably under. I know how strict they are at the hospital and the thought of travelling there only to be turned away because i haven't yet achieved the target they set is absolutely tearing me apart. I could definately lose a few more pounds this week in time for monday but will it be good enough?. They didnt even say whether i had to be there for the pre op appointment in which case i could lose the extra few pound before the actual procedure, would they even weigh me at the other halfs pre op stage?. Im so sorry for babbling on but i am so scared that after all this time i could let everyone down including myself, and end up right at the back of the list all because of a few pounds.
Love and Luck.

macD

Ace

Reg: Sep 27th 2010

Children: Wonderful 7 year old boy

Tuesday, April 5th 2011, 11:41am

Hi Sel,

Just wanted to wish you luck for your appointment. Loosing weight is so hard! But it looks like you've done well so far so congratulations, stick with it!

Take care, love, macD xx