You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "sugarlove" started this thread

Reg: Dec 9th 2010

Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 1:38pm

High progesterone levels?

I'm on my first cycle of clomid and have just had my day 21 test and the results are 128.5 nmol. The Doctor had marked it as being high progesterone.

Do these results mean anything? I'm also taking cyclogest progesterone, so womdering if this has artificially raised it?

Thanks

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Wednesday, March 23rd 2011, 7:12pm

I can't see this sitting so long without a reply, but I have no real opinion. Taking Clomid should increase your progestrone levels and I assume cyclogest does too, that does seem to be a very high level, but apart from that I don't know.

Grace

Involuntary insomniac

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 2:33pm

Hi,

How much cyclogest are you taking and when are you taking it? for instance did you take it in the morning and then have the bt in the morning or did you use it at night and then the bt in the morning (progesterone support doesn't hang around in the body that long). The cyclogest will be interferring with your results and I would ask the dr how he can ascertain that ovulation has happened given the progesterone support you are on. Have you had any scans?

1st IVF/ICSI April 09 BFP

GRACE'S DIARY

• "sugarlove" started this thread

Reg: Dec 9th 2010

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 8:31pm

Thanks for the replies. I'm taking 200mg of cycolgest once in the morning and once at night like my FS told me to. I rang her to ask about the levels and she said that confirmed I had ov and meant that the progesterone was being absorbed in my body. I use OPKs and temp so that also confirmed ov.

I don't get scanned on the NHS, so paid for one private scan on day 11. It's my first month taking it.

I was scanned on day 11 and she saw 2 dominant follicles developing. Maybe that's why the levels are high. I've tested and it's a BFN.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 9:13pm

I would check with your consultant and ask about the scans too. Why won't they scan you?

I think the pessaries are giving you the high levels of progesterone. I think the high levels mean you are absorbing the progesterone but cannot give you a guide on your own or on your ovulation as you are taking the pessaries. The ovulation predictor kit do not confirm ovulation, they only confirm the LH surge.

When I was on clomid I was not given progesterone supplement and my progesterone went up on its own. They gave me HCGs injections on day 12 after seeing a few follicles of a certain size with a scan. The first months I was on it they also did progesterone tests to confirm ovulation.

Good luck xfinges

Hope this helps

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE