You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "mistykins" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 7:42pm

1 NHS icsi cycle just failed can I appeal to Trafford PCT for a 2nd one??

Hey guys I have just had my one and only NHS funded cycle that we waited over a year for and it resulted in a BFN last week.
The question is I had 1 private go before hand which again was BFN I fly for a living as crew so can't work while I have the treatment so money is very tight and now we have to pay everytime until it works is going to be a serious financial strain as it is £6000 a go for icsi.
Do you think or has anyone appealed to trafford PCT for a 2nd go?? And how do I go about doing that?? Any advise would be much appreciated thanks xx ?o(

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 8:11pm

Hi I am sorry about your BFN. :hugs:

If your PCT only funds 1 cycle for everyone then unfortunately there is nothing you can do. A cycle counts also if you have a bfn or a m/c. It also counts if the eggs don't fertilise or if they find no eggs at e/c. The only time when they let you have another go is if they cancel it before egg collection.

• "mistykins" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:31pm

Oh ok thanks Maria just thought it worth asking younever know. I know they were giving people 2-3 cycles as at marys weren't adhering to the 1 cycle so not sure if this still stands. I guess with all the cut backs lately it will xx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 9:46pm

You'll have to find out what the rules were when you started your first cycle. Normally PCTs have a website. As I said if they only fund 1 anyway, then it's not worth it.
They are also thinking of removing PCTs. I don't know what's going to happen then.
Good luck.

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Sunday, March 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Mysty - in our area i'm sure you are allowed three goes - i know that initially i was going to be allowed 3 goes but then they realised that DP had a vasectomy so they gave me none!!! - It may just depend on where on the boarder you are - i never really looked into as i knew that i would have to pay! It was just a junior doctor in the hospital that said Lancs gave three goes - look into it!

They may count your private go against you though!

Keeping everything crossed for you xx

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE