You are not logged in.

Unread posts

HanP

• "HanP" started this thread

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 7:38pm

Unexplained Infertility, need to lose weight, but not coming off!!!!

Hi All,

I'm a newbie that really needs some help and support!!!!
My Hubby and I went to see the Infertility Team about 6 months ago now, we have been told that we are both fine, but have "unexplained infertility"! To be eligible for IVF treatment, I need to lose weight.

For the last 3 months, I have joined the gym and really knuckled down and dieted my heart out. I was 114kg (6months ago) and am now 91kg, and have been at that weight for the last 6 weeks!!!! I have hit an all time low, as anything I seem to do....just doesn't seem to affect my weight! I went to see the GP a few weeks ago, and he said that this sometimes happens! But, no help!!

We are going back to the hospital next Friday, and really don't think that I can suffer ANOTHER........."We'll see you in another 3 months and hopefully you'll be at the correct weight"..... Every time I hear this, my heart sinks. I can't bear the look on my Hubby's face (even though he has been mega supportive). I am working SO hard at this, but with no results!

Any Advice out there?

x
Han

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 7:53pm

Hi and welcome to :FZ:
Maybe you need to go to a dietician or a nutritionist to help you with your diet. it is not easy to lose weight.

Check these out to help in the meantime:
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO DIET & REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
IS YOUR WEIGHT STOPPING YOU FROM HAVING A BABY?

Good luck! babydust

HanP

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 8:11pm

Hi,
Have been to see both dietician and nutrionist at the hospital. And this is where I am at now.
Thanks for the links!
x
Han

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 8:27pm

Firstly, welcome and well done on living so much weight already.

Are you still doing the same eating plan and gym regime that helped you shed that weight? If so, maybe you need a change as your body may have got used to that. What type of stuff are you doing at the gym? What did the dietician say about your now static loss?

X

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

HanP

Saturday, March 19th 2011, 8:34pm

Hi!

Thank you for the welcome!

They said that this sometimes happens with weight loss and sent me on my way. I thought it would only be for a couple of weeks, not 6!

I have a tough gym regime with a personal trainer, mixed cardio and weights. I go 5 times a week, and am actually enjoying it. I do a boxercise class once a week, so the gym work is cut down to 4 times.

XxX
Han

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE