You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, October 20th 2010, 4:42pm

AF after pregnancy

I am not sure what is going on!!!! I had DS 12 weeks ago and had my first AF at 5 or 6 weeks, I can't remember exactly! For the last 10 days or so I have been getting AF cramps but no sign of AF, but I have been getting loads of EWCM, as much as when I had a show before birth!!!! ( Sorry TMI!) For the first day or 2 I assumed I was ovulationg but its been going on a while. Has anyone experienced this and should I be concerned????

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, October 20th 2010, 7:37pm

Hi Jasper,
Pregnancy and childbirth is a huge hormonal upheaval for your body. Also are you still breastfeeding, or certainly have been which can also mess about with your hormones.
It can take a while for your cycle to get back to normal. This discharge you are describing could be your body preparing for ovulation, it could be nothing or it could be a bit of an infection. If you get any itching, pain or funny smell then its worth seeing your GP to be checked for infection. Other than that nothing to do but wait and let it settle by itself. If you have stopped breastfeeding and your cycle isn't back to normal after 3 months, then its worth seeing your GP again.

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, October 20th 2010, 8:19pm

Thanks Mrs Jasper. I started to reduce the breast feeding at 8 weeks and haven't fed at all since 10 weeks so maybe that is affecting things. I tried asking a few friends but they all started taking the contraceptive pill after giving birth so couldn't really help as I suppose they have a bit of a false cycle! There are no other symptoms with the discharge so I won't go to the GP yet. You can always rely on FZ for advice!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: May 28th 2009

Wednesday, February 23rd 2011, 10:10pm

Hi,

I am a little confused about what my af is doing as well. I don't bf so my period returned after six weeks post birth and now day 16 of my first cycle it seems to be starting again. Should I be worried or is this normal and it's just my body readjusting? My af two weeks ago seemed normal - just like it used to be. Very confusing!

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, February 24th 2011, 9:42am

Hi Natural Horse

After my first AF, the second and subsequent ones were regular but as Mrs J said last year, your body has had major hormonal changes since getting pregnant so perhaps having a shorter cycle this time isn't particularly unusual. if you're worried then do go and see your GP.

x

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 11:06am

Hi girls,
Wish I knew what my AF was up to. DS nearly 21 weeks old, exclusively breast fed and I'm still awaiting 1st post pregnancy AF.
Any ideas?
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 12:49pm

I think breastfeeding can halt your AF's but I'm not 100%. I think that sometimes they'll return but sometimes they don't while BF'ing.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, March 10th 2011, 10:18pm

Hi Elisa

Flic is right, BF does completely stop some peoples af. Mine returned after I started to wean my DD and she dropped a couple of feeds but everyone is different. My mum's af didn't return until she'd completely stopped BF so unfortunately it's not something that is easy to predict.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE