You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Debs34

• "Debs34" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2010

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 8:54am

sterilisation reversal.....what do I do?

Where do I start? What do I do? How do I find out about it? How do I know which consultant is the best for me?

Someone please help me!!!

I'm 34....got sterilised because of my controlling ex husband who said marriage would survive if I got sterilised and then left two months after op. I need to get this reversed but don't know where to start.

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 10:03am

Hi debs,
I would guess your best bet is to start with your GP.
He/She would then be able to refer you with a recommendation for local clinics.
Where are you in the country for example?

Good luck on your quest.

Mr C
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Debs34

• "Debs34" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2010

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 11:44am

Thank you Mr C

I have been to see my GP but he is new to the area so has to discuss with colleagues before advising me.
I live in Carmarthenshire, South West Wales.

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 12:06pm

Hey Debs, Do you already have children? Most PCT's don't do reversals on the NHS. I was sterilised at 23. I have looked at all the options & have have chosen to go down the IVF route. It has much better success rates & costs roughly half of a reversal . I have gone with a clinic in London. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info or to chat. xxxxxxxxx
Proud Mummy of 4 girls & 1 boy. Surrogate mummy & 4x Egg donor

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:16am

Your gp will refer you to a provate consultant who will advise you on which is best for you = ivf or reversal.

Please be aware that ivf doesnt always work. I was steralized and went to consultant to have it reversed, but he advised me that ivf would be better for us, as i already had given birth to 2 children, that ivf would be easy for us!!

Wrong - 4 ivf's and a m/c later ... i am now too old for another ivf (43 in Aug) and am going down the adoption route. There are times when i wish to god i hadnt listened and gone with my own instints - and had the steralization reversed ... the only risks are, more than 1 child (wouldnt have bothered me) u will have to have it donw again at a later stage or go on the pill/coil etc ... but the decision must be yours and not the consultants ... i truly wish i had the reversal, maybe it would have worked, maybe it wouldnt have ... but at least we could have tried every mth instead of only haveing 4 shots at it ... thats like 4 mths and giving up ...

I would go for reversal ... good luck Xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE