You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Debs34

• "Debs34" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2010

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 8:54am

sterilisation reversal.....what do I do?

Where do I start? What do I do? How do I find out about it? How do I know which consultant is the best for me?

Someone please help me!!!

I'm 34....got sterilised because of my controlling ex husband who said marriage would survive if I got sterilised and then left two months after op. I need to get this reversed but don't know where to start.

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 10:03am

Hi debs,
I would guess your best bet is to start with your GP.
He/She would then be able to refer you with a recommendation for local clinics.
Where are you in the country for example?

Good luck on your quest.

Mr C
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Debs34

• "Debs34" started this thread

Reg: Aug 28th 2010

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 11:44am

Thank you Mr C

I have been to see my GP but he is new to the area so has to discuss with colleagues before advising me.
I live in Carmarthenshire, South West Wales.

Reg: Oct 6th 2010

Thursday, January 27th 2011, 12:06pm

Hey Debs, Do you already have children? Most PCT's don't do reversals on the NHS. I was sterilised at 23. I have looked at all the options & have have chosen to go down the IVF route. It has much better success rates & costs roughly half of a reversal . I have gone with a clinic in London. Feel free to PM me if you want any more info or to chat. xxxxxxxxx

Welshbird

Megastar

• "Welshbird" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 8th 2008

Monday, February 7th 2011, 11:16am

Your gp will refer you to a provate consultant who will advise you on which is best for you = ivf or reversal.

Please be aware that ivf doesnt always work. I was steralized and went to consultant to have it reversed, but he advised me that ivf would be better for us, as i already had given birth to 2 children, that ivf would be easy for us!!

Wrong - 4 ivf's and a m/c later ... i am now too old for another ivf (43 in Aug) and am going down the adoption route. There are times when i wish to god i hadnt listened and gone with my own instints - and had the steralization reversed ... the only risks are, more than 1 child (wouldnt have bothered me) u will have to have it donw again at a later stage or go on the pill/coil etc ... but the decision must be yours and not the consultants ... i truly wish i had the reversal, maybe it would have worked, maybe it wouldnt have ... but at least we could have tried every mth instead of only haveing 4 shots at it ... thats like 4 mths and giving up ...

I would go for reversal ... good luck Xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE