You are not logged in.

Unread posts

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

• "louise78" started this thread

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 11:49am

Was hoping for some advice??

Was hoping for some advice?

Right brain picking time! Have consultant meeting tomorrow, will give you a quick debrief now to bring you up to speed so you can hopefully help get questions to ask: first ivf fell pregnant( very lucky) triplets identical from one blastie- miscarried third baby at 7 weeks:( went on to carry dexter and aiden to 23 weeks went into premature labour ( June 2010 both born alive but slipped away soon after birth- heartbroken:( Before this had some bleeding ( very light) pre 12 weeks , diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 9 ish weeks pregnant. Got diagnosed with most things before the end of pregnancy:( had review final decision for loss of boys- most probably due to loss of third triplet and too many complications( one of those things!) comment on final write up for test results re post pregnancy essentially normal?? ( tested for everything and re tested for diabetes post preg.)

First fet bfn. Second fet bfp chemical pregnancy December 2010:( so this is review appointment next steps- immunology has been mentioned. What questions do you think I should be asking? What do you think should happen next? Do I argue for immunology tests or not? I am Nhs at Leicester.

Hope you lovely ladies( and guys) can help??? Xxx

Sorry for going on but could do with some advice!! X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 2:10pm

Hi Louise I think most nhs clinics don't do immunology testing as far as I know.
I went to the ARGC in London or you can go to Care in Nottingham (not 100% sure about this). Obviously I don't know about your clinic. I have recently had some tests at the ARGC and they have found out that I do have problems. They are expensive, £900 (I think £860 but I had other tests too) and they take about 17 vials of blood. I have had them done so I would say ask your clinic see what they say. They may suggest you have them done.
They may offer you steroids, but I think there is no point in taking steroids without the tests. So if they just offer you the steroids then get tested elsewhere. You can have immunology treatment in one clinic and IVF in another, if they agree. Bear in mind that the NHS does not offer immunology treatment for infertility has there haven't been independent medical trials on this, so you would have to pay for the immunology part of the treatment.

Good luck and sorry about your losses blowkiss

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 2:23pm

Thanks Maria- seems a little clearer. Why are they mentioning it if they don't offer it that's the bit I'm confused about? We have called Nottingham and they say a three month wait for an appointment? See what they say tomorrow! X
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 2:33pm

They can't offer it as the nhs is funded by taxpayers and cannot spend money on treatments that has not been trialled properly, they can only offer tx that is tested and has been proven 100% to work. This doesn't mean that immunology protocols don't work, but there have not been any 'proper' studies on this. Good luck x

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 9:48pm

Hi Louise

Have you considered travelling to one of the other CARE facilites? Manchester or Sheffield?

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

What's Up?

Sunday, January 23rd 2011, 9:50pm

That's a very good point thanks - will see what the appointment brings tomorrow and take it from there x
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.