You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "mollie" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2010

Children: 2 children from previous relationship

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 11:04pm

hi am confused please help !!!!!!!

Story so far.

Due to start 1st icsi /antagonist protocol this month was to phone on monday with day 1 of period

At previous appointment nurse had told me that when I ring on day 1 an appointment would be made for day 21 and i would start drugs then for approx 4 weeks in total and whole process around 6 weeks including 2ww.

So I phoned on day 1,clinic phoned back to tell me it would not be happening this month as lab was closed over xmas for 2 weeks which would be around EC. Was then told to ring on december period day 1 only to be told that it may not happen either as planning appointment would be during xmas and clinic would only be have scanning apppointments during this time. But nurse mentioned that i may be able to start treatment earlier than day 21 is this possible has anyone any experience of this on an antagonist protocol.

Am devastated at this and to top it all its not the NHS but a private clinic. :bawl:

mollie xxx
1x ICSI @ Origins = BFN, 2x ICSI @ RFC = 1BFN & 1BFP ended in m/c @10 wks. 1 x DEICSI @ Barcelona = BFN.
Next cycle, London, Dr Gorgy with immune meds, Antibiotics, Clexane, Humira, LIT, Intralipids, Neupogen, Steriods, High dose folic acid & extra progesterone

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 8:01pm

Hi Mollie,

I'm afraid I can't answer your question but I will bring your thread to the attention of the other mods in the staff room and see if anyone else has the answer.

However, I will say that I would say that if you are paying for this yourself I would seriously consider another using another clinic, I think that it is shocking you're being treated like this. The clinic I used was open 365 days a year, I can understand a private clinic closing for Christmas day but 2 weeks is ridiculous.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 8:17pm

Hi Mollie

I know how you feel I phoned yesterday (day 1) and was told the same thing that I had to wait for Decembers AF, because they are so busy and Xmas would also interfere with treatment. As far starting before day 21 I am not entirely sure so can't answer for certain but having read other threads I believe they time it around day 21 in order to fit in with the clinics schedule. So definitely could be a possibility it is ok to start before day 21.

The only difference for me is that I am NHS and I had been previously warned this may happen.

Hope this helps.

Good luck. x

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

Reg: Nov 10th 2010

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 8:31pm

Hi Mollie,

Are you are at Origin Clinic in Belfast? What the other girls wouldn't realise is that this is the only private clinic in N Ireland.

I am coming to the end of my 2ww following a cylce which started on Day 21 of my October period - Anagonist like you. However like you my treatment was delayed. I was due to start on day 21 of my September Period but the nurse phoned after Day 1 to advise they were closing for a week in October (suspect!) and my EC would be around that week.

At the time I was gutted, but to be honest the month went by quite quicly - Its worse for you I know as you may have to wait 2 months.

Anyhow, at the time I was annoyed with the clinic, however I do have to say that once treatment actually started the care we received was excellent!

As for starting before day 21 - sorry cant shed any light on this.

Good luck for your ttx - hopefuly in December!

Wednesday, November 24th 2010, 8:51pm

Thanks for replies ladies

Yes irisheyes i am at origins , don't want to phone on next af to be let down again x

Grace it is only private clinic in northern ireland. So don't have any other choice but them x

Onewish sorry u going thru this as well Hun x

I just hate waiting and feel so let down. Even if they had pre warned me it would have helped. Dh and I were both off work over Xmas and new year and it all would have fitted in so well. I start new job end of January and don't know how employer will be with me taking time off. The nature of my work means I would have to tell them from start of 2ww,
1x ICSI @ Origins = BFN, 2x ICSI @ RFC = 1BFN & 1BFP ended in m/c @10 wks. 1 x DEICSI @ Barcelona = BFN.
Next cycle, London, Dr Gorgy with immune meds, Antibiotics, Clexane, Humira, LIT, Intralipids, Neupogen, Steriods, High dose folic acid & extra progesterone

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mollie" (Nov 24th 2010, 8:53pm)

Reg: Dec 25th 2009

Children: One Angel son 15.5.11 and a Rainbow baby son 13.10.12

Saturday, November 27th 2010, 9:15pm

Hi mollie,

I don't know if this would help at all but my clinic wanted my treatment to fall at a specific time and so put me on the contraceptive pill for a bit to delay my period - maybe this could be something to look into so that your day 1 doesn't fall around xmas but maybe just after??
Good luck hun. x
Hopeful2010
1 fresh + 1 FET PGD
1 angel in heaven, 1 here

Monday, November 29th 2010, 9:23am

Thanks hopeful

I am going to phone clinic this morning and talk to them about it. It would be great if they could. I remember taking tablets before to stop my period arriving when on holidays. Worth a try.

Will keep you updated.

Mollie xxxx