You are not logged in.

Unread posts

ZIG

Ace

• "ZIG" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Isabella Mae (ICSI No.3) and Ruby Olivia (natural)

Sunday, February 10th 2008, 9:57am

Centre for Assisted Reproduction, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead

After various treatments in Leeds and South Africa, 2 or 3 FZ ladies pointed me towards this clinic. Thank God they did. Mr Aird and his team are brilliant, caring, knowledgeable and hardworking. It is a very small ACU but what they lack in size, they make up for in results.
We went private almost 3 years ago, so not sure on waiting lists or costs.
Can't recommend it highly enough. If you live in Cumbria or the North East, have your tx here.

Zig
Me 38, DH 44. 2002-2004 2x ICSI's, 1x egg donation. Changed clinics for own eggs ICSI/tx no.4 - BFP 27/4/05! Mummy to Isabella after early c-section 15/12/05, due to LLP. Baby No.2 (huge 'natural' surprise!) Ruby Olivia arrived 29/09/07 via emergency c-section.

RoyAA

Reg: Feb 15th 2009

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 6:24pm

RE: Centre for Assisted Reproduction, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead

Hi we're going to go here from May as part of our NHS treatment, which starts then.

My wife was on clomid for a couple of months but bless her, it sent her batty, so we're worried about what happens next really. We'll keep you informed and let everyone know how good they are.

R

Reg: May 4th 2009

Monday, May 4th 2009, 5:34pm

RE: Centre for Assisted Reproduction, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Gateshead

Hi Everyone,

we are newbies!

After failing to conceive naturally our GP reffered us to the QE in October last year. Our first visit to the QE left us feeling positive, but subsequent delays and visits have now left us wondering if we chose the wrong centre.

Since the first visit with Mr Aird, we have had appointments delayed, and we see a different person every time. At each visit they tell us teh results of the test that has been done, but even though we ask questions they do not explain what they mean.

At our most recent visit (last month) they quoted 18 months for IUI and 3 years for ICSI. Is this the normal waiting time for NHS patients? At this rate I will to old to qualify for treatment.

Now I do not know what to do, do I stick with the QE, do I complain, do I go private or just move to a different clinic.

I am open to any opinions and suggestions as I am pulling my hair out, not to mention my poor DH's.

Hazel20

Reg: Jul 24th 2009

Friday, July 24th 2009, 8:17pm

Recent experiences at QE Gateshead?

Hi,

I'm new to this site but I was wondering if anyone has any recent experiences to share with regards to treatment at the Queen Elizabeth in Gateshead?

To give you some background my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 years, we were refered to the Centre of Life in Newcastle a few months ago where we started IVF. However this process was abandoned due to poor ovarian response. They were unwilling to give us another try at IVF and they said that a change of meds or higher dosage would not make any difference (I only had 1 follicle). They've now told us that our best chance is through egg donation which was quite a shock but as we desperately want children we have decided to take this route. However, we have been told that the waiting list for a donor at the Centre of Life is at least 3 years! We are now looking into going private elsewhere in order to speed up the process and QE Gateshead could be one of those options.

I would love to hear from anyone who have gone through a similar experience in the North East or anyone who is able to offer any advice.
H x
H x

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Wednesday, February 10th 2010, 7:53pm

Hi Hazel

We are about to start our IVF at the QE in May. Did you go ahead with it and how did you get on? xx

RoyAA

Reg: Feb 15th 2009

Wednesday, February 10th 2010, 8:39pm

we are about to start ours too, so far its all been lovely and helpfulness... good luck.

R&N

Hazel20

Reg: Jul 24th 2009

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 8:40am

Hi,

Even though we weren't successful with our attempt at the QE I can only highly recommend having your treatment there. The staff are excellent and the level of service is just brilliant. Not sure what the next step for us is at the moment but if we were to go through another IVF cycle then I would definately be happy with having it at the QE. Good luck in May!
H x

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Sunday, February 28th 2010, 7:29pm

Aww thanks

Im gettting nervous now.

Good luck to you both xx Let me know how you get on x

loopykim

Reg: Aug 20th 2009

Children: 3

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 9:57pm

hi i was wondering how you got on at the QE? :)
[zx037] :angel2: loopykim [zx098] [zx098] :jilly:

Reg: Nov 20th 2008

Children: Fingers crossed x

Friday, November 19th 2010, 11:28pm

QE treatment v CFL

Hi ladies,

I'm in a dilema and wonder if anyone can help?

We have has 4 failed ICSI treatments at the CFL - the last two were chemical PG's. I'm now convinced I need more support post ET which I know from previous txt that the CFL wont give.

Can any one who has had txt at QE let me know what support post ET they recieved?

I cant recommend the CFL enough, but they are very strict with their regimes and dont want to go down the path of another cycle thats no different to the previous as I cant see how the end result would be any different.

Any other feedback on QE would be appreciated too..

Thanks in advance,

PQ
Never give up on your dreams...they do come true.
ICSI #8, Anna born 26/2/14....the most amazing gift in the world x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE