You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bonkers@screaming" started this thread

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 5:13pm

Has anyone any experience with IVI Barcelona??

Hello ladies,

I wondered if anyone has any experience with treatment at IVI Barcelona and if anyone knows how long their current waiting lists are. I've just signed a contract to have treatment with them as they come recommended by my London clinic, but I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has been there for treatment.

Many thanks

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 5:33pm

I think Gracie did?
Currently expecting a Little One.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 5:39pm

I have been speaking to Gracie, she went to Institute Marques. I've been there and seem to be one of the few who had a terrible experience with them!

Congratulations on your expected little one.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 5:46pm

:hello:

I don't know anything about IVI but I just wanted to pop in and wish you :goodluck:

I really hope you have a better experience this time and I'm glad to see you've not given up!

Keep us all posted with how you get on.

Love Gracie

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Tuesday, September 28th 2010, 5:53pm

I will do, thank you Gracie. We did come close to giving up, but as we do not think we were given the best possible chance at IM, we had to have another go, I just hope IVI is a good choice, at least they have my London clinics endorsement... so fingers crossed XXX

Last time I spoke to them they had a 6 month waiting list for blue eyes.... so it may be some time before you hear from me!

Meanwhile, good luck with your little one

Hugs
S.

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 5:03pm

Hi, we went to IVI Barcelona about 18 months ago, unfortunately it didn't work for us, but I know of girls on here who went to IVI in Valencia and it worked for them. I also remember that they found that I had polyps when we went for our first visit and I had to have them removed before they would proceed. I had that op in Dec and we were back for ET in April. They also match you for blood group too, which is great. We've still got a blasto there for possible future use.

Good luck with your treatment.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

JAF

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Tuesday, October 19th 2010, 2:23pm

also terrible experience with Institute Marques

Hi there,

I see one of the ladies on this thread has mentioned she had a terrible experience with Institute Marques. Well you're not alone! I was there for treatment in late August and had an awful time. I'm now deciding what to do, thinking about whether the second time will be better, or whether it would be better to start over some place else. It's just such a pain trying to find somewhere new and do all the tests etc......Please can you let me know if IVI are better, also that's interesting about the long wait for blue eyed donors, it seems that some of the big spanish clinics say this isn't an issue and there are no waiting lists which is just not the reality.....hmmm. Anyway onwards and upwards, but in a funny way it was reassuring to know that I wasn't alone.

xxxx

arcadiap

Reg: Oct 20th 2010

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 12:48pm

Hi everyone,

I' m just starting my journey abroad infertility. I sent a post to other threat in Fertility Zone, and don't know exactly how this discussion boards work. I' m Italian (sorry for my English), 42, in my first cycle in IM. In Italy you have much problems if you need IVF. I went to IM because my best friend went there after many years trying in some other centres and now is pregnant and so happy! :)

After my first visit, I' m glad with them. We met Dr. Sunol, we spent more than an hour asking him all our doubts. He was lovely and speaks fluent Italian. He told me that with ED they guarantee six mature eggs and if not, you have a back up donor. What they can not guarantee is embryo quality. This, he told me, Is Medicine not Maths and you never can have guaranteed that you will achieve the pregnancy, just 60 % of possibilities. JAF, regarding donors, he told me they have many because they come from universities and in Barcelona there are many foreign students with Erasmus program, and the clinic informs about it and the media also talk about donation.

I' m happy to meet you and discover I' not alone. Hope to share with you my starting journey, as you say fingers crossed also for me!

xxx

Desi

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, October 21st 2010, 4:55pm

Hi Desi,

Have just replied to your other post but thought I'd pop in here too. Hope you're finding you way around OK, if I can help at all just let me know.

:goodluck: with your treatment, I have found IM to be excellent so will keep my xfingers that you have success too.

Love Gracie

xxxxx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Tuesday, November 2nd 2010, 3:59pm

Hi JAF,

I will let you know how treatment with IVI Barcelona goes, I have already been out there for my initial appointment and they are lovely, but then that was my first impression of IM too!! However, one difference is that my clinic in London highly recommend IVI Barcelona and I do trust the doctors at my London clinic implicitly.

It is interesting about the long waiting list at IVI for blue eyes, particularly as other clinics do claim they have no waiting list. We went with IM in July instead of IVI as they claimed they had no waiting list for blue eyes, so you can imagine our surprise when we found out that our donor didn't even have blue eyes! My friend also went to IM and she requested a blue eyed donor and again her donor did not have blue eyes either! My friend is however pregnant, so I don't think she cares, so long as the baby is healthy.

IVI explained that they too have donors from the university but the majority of donors, being Spanish, are generally brown eyed and that blue eyed donors are not as abundant, but they have a lot of blue eyed patients from the UK and abroad. Having had an awful experience with IM, my husband and I are fully prepared to wait for IVI.

IVI have told us that they have a 6 month waiting list so we are not expecting to have a donor until spring next year, although, I did read of another lady who was on the waiting and she only had to wait 3 months... so fingers crossed.

Good luck if you do decide to go back to IM for a second treatment, I can, however, understand your apprehension. Once I start my treatment at IVI I will post an update.

Hugs
S.