You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "jennylouise" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Monday, October 11th 2010, 6:05pm

Still new and doing some research.... has anyone had treatment at the Fertility Center Berlin or Hospital Clínica Vistahermosa, Alicanti?

I am looking into centres abroad for treatment.

Have had some answers from Berlin Centre and Hospital Clínica Vistahermosa, Alicanti

Just wondered practicalities of it for ICSI with teaching full time (getting time off etc) or if anyone has been had treatment at either centre.

Thanks, Jen

• "jennylouise" started this thread

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Monday, October 11th 2010, 6:06pm

Thanks for your comments so far... its been so nice to have people to message x

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, October 12th 2010, 6:18pm

Hey there

I don't know anything about either of these clinics but I have had treatment in Barcelona. It's possible that the clinic in Alicante works in a simialr way so I'll give you a quick rough guide. I had treatment using donor eggs so can only comment on this particular protocol, if you are not using a donor then it will be very different:

I had an initial appointment in Spain where my DH left a sperm sample, which was frozen, and I had a scan. We filled out general paperwork and left with a bag full of drugs. I was free to start treatment when I wanted (I am not sure if all the clinics in Spain are the same in this respect) and basically started the contraceptive pill on day one of my cycle. I stayed on this until the clinic advised me to stop and had to let them know when my period started. At this point I started on oestrogen patches and had a scan to check my lining here in the UK. It was then just a waiting game until my donor was ready for egg collection and we only had 48 hours' notice to then travel back to Spain for the transfer. I started on progesterone the day before the transfer and carried this on until I was 14 weeks pregnant.

So, all in all we were only in Spain for a total of about three days so it is not much time out abroad overall.

Hope this helps a bit!

Love Gracie

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

FERTILITYZONE