You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Emilia44" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2006

Children: One daughter

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 5:45pm

IMMUNE ACTIVATION TEST FOR CHRONIC INFLAMMATION

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I had an ectopic in March and during the lap&dye they discovered my tubes were very badly damaged with adhesions caused by PID. Left side has a hydrosalpinx. Right side damaged by ectopic. Having tried for 2 years we were devastated but as my tube wasn't removed we held some hope. We carried on trying but haven't conceived and I am due to have a lap&dye on October 2nd where they want to remove my tubes so we can start IVF in late October.

I researched all our options and found out about this test offered by a company called Extreme Performance Consultants (google it). It's really focussed on people with PCOS and unexplained infertility and miscarriage rather than tubal damage (mine may be beyond repair). Anyway - I had the test last month. Their basic theory is that all chronic inflammation is caused by certain foods getting into the bloodstream and triggering an immune reaction.

I thought it would come back with the usual suspects like wheat and sugar but I was in fact responding to healthy foods I had day in day out like lemons, almonds, dates, salmon. Anyway I have been on the diet for about 3 weeks so it is too early to really tell though I do feel better and a long term skin rash I had cleared up a lot. The test is really expensive though so probably out of the question for a lot of people though it's worth emailing them before ruling it out because i think they may have some leeway.

Anyway - I found out about this too late really because my lap&dye is so soon and it's unlikely I can get the inflammation down quickly enough to stop them taking my tubes out but if you have PCOS or reocurring miscarriage it might be worth investigating at the very least.

I'll let you all know how I get on though. This is the first month where I ahven't had chronic pain in my left tube from day 23-28. I'm on day 24 and no pain so far except a slight dragging pain in my uterus (which of course I'm hoping is a miracle and is implantation!).

Best of luck everyone,

Emilia
xxxxx
MC 1997, Ectopic 2006, Tubal infertility, 1st IVF :BFP: [zx098]

Thursday, September 14th 2006, 10:05am

Had scan today

I had the scan today and my left tube which has a hydrosalpinx is still very swollen (bigger than my uterus) so the Consultant (who has been amazing - I feel very lucky to have her) says it will almost definitely need to come out at my lap&dye on October 2nd.

My right tube wasn't swollen at all. She promised to save my right unless it's 'extremly damaged'. The scan showed I ovulated on the right as I suspected - they can see the shell left behind by the egg which was amazing. When you get scanned by someone really good it's so different to being scanned by the usual sonographers!

I feel as OK as I can about it all - bit sad the diet hasn't reduced the swelling on the left but as I said I think it may be beyond repair.

Reg: Aug 10th 2006

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 12:31pm

Hi Emilia sorry to hear your swelling hasn't gone down, maybe it will before the lap&dye and they won't have to take it out. Fingers crossed for you. xx

"Every blade has it's angel that bends over it and whispers,
'Grow, grow'"

[zx076]

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 1:54pm

Thanks Peanut. To be honest she is pretty certain the left tube has got to go. My chances of sucessful IVF are halved apparently by a hydrosalpinx and as it doesn't work anyway and is causing huge amounts of pain I may as well get rid. Got my fingers crossed she can save the right one - even if it's blocked. Miracles can happen! My sister conceived with one damaged tube after her ectopic.

thanks for oour support.

Emilia
x

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 10:40am

just wana say good luck with the lap...i had a hydro and mine was very large and very painful
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Apr 23rd 2006

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 10:56am

Hi Emilia,

Good luck with your lap. I had my left tube removed in June due to hydrosalpinx too! The op was very straight forward. I felt groggy for a couple of days after but I think that was mostly because of the medication. You soon forget the discomfort Hun and if it means your chances are improved then it's most definitely worth it!

As with you, my Consultant decided to leave my right tube in. Although it is blocked and no dye went through when they tested they can not guarantee 100% that a little egg might, just might, one day make it through. Hold onto that hope aswell!

Take care, be thinking of you X

Me 28 DH 32 [zx101]
1st ICSI Dec 05 8 eggs, 3 fert :BFN:
Left Tube removed June 06
2nd ICSI March 07 16 eggs, 7 fert:BFN:
3rd ICSI July 07 - 22 eggs, 5 fert :BFN:
4th ICSI Dec 07 with blasto, lovely eggs, slow development to blasto :BFN:

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 11:07am

Thank you

Thanks Samantha and Kar1 for your kind thoughts. I think getting that nasty tube out pre IVF is definitely the right thing to do. It's SO painful right now and I'm almost looking forward to the operation! I'm guessing it can't be worse than the lap&dye I had for my ectopic? Luckily I have a lovely consultant who I completetly trust - she's been amazing ever since my ectopic - even seeing me twice at short notice because I had so much pain.

I shall keep you all posted on how it goes!

Emilia
xx

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 11:09am

i have pain on my left where my tube is blocked and i am sure that i have a hydro or something not long and i will know.

it great you have a good con means alot.
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "kar1" (Sep 17th 2006, 11:12am)

Vezza

Star

Reg: Oct 17th 2005

Children: Baking a little Twinkle at the moment......

Saturday, October 14th 2006, 2:58pm

TELL ME MORE!!!!

Hi,

I have just been told by a friend of sorts about the blood test thing and the link to chronic inflamation. I need more info.

Can you tell me EVERYTHING including how you arranged it, what sort of things are okay and not-so-okay for you (I understand that it is very individual but just as an idea), how much it cost etc.

How is the diet coming along?

Oh and how rude - hope you are doing okay now Emilia

Thanks
Nin x x

5 August got a natural out of the blue:BFP: after 7 years of trying!!! How the heck did THAT happen - oh yeah by losing weight :D

Dreams really can come true.......

Monday, October 16th 2006, 3:44pm

RE: TELL ME MORE!!!!

Hi Nin,

I just posted quite a lot about this in this thread titled something like 'Just back from IVF followup need to vent':

Bad experience at IVF followup appointment - need to vent!

so have a read and come back to me with any questions and I'll try and help.

I'm still on the diet and feel very well in myself - I don't have bloating anymore and everyone says I look really well so it's doing something! My weight is really stable too - I'm not overweight though I have been in the past but my weight would be forever up and down by about 1/2 stone. Now it is stable and doesn't fluctuate.

the company is EPC Monaco -

http://www.epc-odx.com/fertility/

I would go to their site and read their information and see if you fit the catagory they help. they provide constant follow up help. I can email any time and always get a response the same day, usually within an hour which is good but it is pricey. I think for women with unexplained infertility or PCOS it's worth it because it may stop them needing IVF which is far more expensive.

But make sure you do fit the brief first - I'm glad i did it because it has helped other health conditions but I'm not convinced it helps in tubal infertility because the damage may be too severe to rescue with diet.

Any questions - feel free to ask.

Emilia
xx

Monday, October 16th 2006, 4:18pm

RE: IMMUNE ACTIVATION TEST FOR CHRONIC INFLAMMATION

Just to let those who were asking me about this know - the deal they have on the website is money back if you don't conceive within a year of following the programme. That's how confident they are I guess! Check the website and listen to Tulin's story which is a radio interview and very convincing.

http://www.epc-odx.com/fertility/

I'll keep poeple posted as to how I get on.

Emilia
x

Monday, October 16th 2006, 4:38pm

FAO: NIN

Sorry Nin, I forgot to say, one thing you can try which is free of charge is the vitamin C bowel tolerance level to reduce inflammation. EPC say you must do this with the diet. This will not only help with any inflammation based infertility (PCOS, endemetriosis etc) but can apparently stop people getting other inflammatory conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, alzheimers etc.

See these articles:

http://www.nutraingredients.com/news/ng.asp?id=51350

http://www.orthomed.com/titrate.htm

In laymen's terms - buy pure powdered vitamin c from a health store like holland & baratt. Take half a teaspoon in water every hour marking down how much you have had throughout the day until you get diarrea. If it took 10 teaspoons to give you diarrea then 9 1/2 would probably be your daily dose - just marginally less than the dose that upset your tummy. You need to drink 1 1/2 - 2 litres of water as well or you will have bad wind!

Basically your body will tolerate as much vitamin c as it needs to repair any inflammation. For example my DH is super healthy and he can only take 2 grams a day - anything over that and he has an upset tummy. My mum can only got to 2 1/2 grams. When my hydrosalpinx was bad I could take 25 grams a day and not get an upset tummy. Now I am on about 10-15 grams a day and I up it if I feel at all unwell.

This is far more than any daily recommended dose in conventional medicine so you need to read the serious, cutting edge medical research to know it makes sense.

In terms of which foods cause the problems for me they are very odd and interesting. When I heard about the test I assumed it would be the usual suspects - wheat, dairy etc. I couldn't believe there would be anything bad for me as i eat a very healthy organic diet and am not over weight. I got a huge suprise when the results came back and i saw foods I ate every day were making me ill. here are a few:

Lemon
avocado
aubergene
apples
plums
bananas
almonds
leeks
kidney beans
salmon
cod
barley
yeast
white pepper
tannin

It all made sense when I saw the list. I always felt unwell and bloated after bread or products with yeast in. Now I can eat yeast free bread without any problems.

But the foods are different for everyone so you need the test to find out which foods mess you up.

Let me know if you go for it. I'd love to hear how you get on so we can compare notes! Feel free to ask me anything you like.

Emilia
x

Monday, October 16th 2006, 4:48pm

FAO NIN better vit c article link

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE