You are not logged in.

Unread posts

gaby74

• "gaby74" started this thread

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 5:22pm

Winterbourne Hospital, Dorchester

Hi
I was wondering if any of you ladies have received treatment at the Winterbourne Clinic in Dorchester and if so were you happy with it?
Or do you know of a good clinic around hampshire or dorset?
Thanks for your help.

Gaby ?(
gaby

Kimmy

Superstar

Reg: Feb 9th 2008

Children: no children

Sunday, February 17th 2008, 9:41pm

Hi gaby!
i have been to the winterbourne clinic not for treatment as such(testing) i found very nice.(im now at local hospital) have you tried "harbour hospital" in poole?

:smile:
kim (pushbikerider)

1st ICSI sept 08 = :BFN:
2nd ICSI jan 09 = :BFN:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kimmy" (Feb 17th 2008, 9:42pm)

gaby74

• "gaby74" started this thread

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 3:56pm

Hi Kim,

I have not heard of it before.. I'll have to look it up.... Thanks for the advice.
You say that you are at your local hospital... have you started already any treatment??
Wish lots and lots of luck! Fingers and everything else crossed for you.

Gaby :pray:
gaby

Kimmy

Superstar

Tuesday, February 19th 2008, 9:53pm

I had 4 cycles of clomid but it didnt agree with me!
I then had 3 cycles of hcg injections. as i was on the icsi waiting list (which i recieved news that i am now at the top of!!!) so next appointment in april. i had a bfp on the 3rd cycle of hcg injections but m/c at 6 weeks :sadface: i decided to have 6 month break!
im at dorset county but will have my icsi treatment at the winterbourne as its in conjuntion with dorset county
:xxx3:

Reg: Feb 16th 2008

Children: TTC child no 1 hoping for BFP 08

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 5:46pm

Hi there. Im originally from Weymouth till 2003 but now live in Surrey with my DH, I hear the Winterbourne is the best for fertility treatment. My sister works in the main part of the Winterbourne. We are on the NHS waiting list in Surrey for IVF. As we only get 1 chance at IVF or 3 Chances at IUI down here for NHS. We have decided to go private for IUI and thinking of having it done at the Winterbourne. Hope this helps, if not sorry. My fingers are crossed for you all. :xxx3:

dwarf

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: ds 2yrs

Wednesday, March 12th 2008, 11:35am

Didn't go to Winterourne as distance was a bit far but used Wessex Fertility in Southampton. Have to say they were superb. Care was specific and someone o hand to explain if ever I had a query - I had a few!

Docs treated me according to my situation so all drug doses etc were exactly right for me. They do treat a wide range of people (some clinics have a narrower criteria). The figures were better than average on the website, but the ones we discussed at the initial consultation were ven better as they were more up to date and for a tighter ager group category.

Would recommend them if Winterbourne is too far, or doesn't pan out etc.

Good luck.
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

lou83

Reg: Mar 16th 2010

Monday, June 2nd 2008, 3:25pm

i am having tx at winterbourne and they are really nice and friendly when ever i have got a problem they are always there for u.

I was with mr p but i didn't like him as he said he couldn't be bothered to come to the clinic to do my ec.
im due for ec 20 something of june, the winterbourne are getting us done quicker cos my dh is in the army and always moving around we never no where were going to be, and were suppose to be moving august this year, to where we dont no yet. and because of this needed to get tx moving and mr p didn't want to do it thne so we had to change to mr dooley which is a very nice man i felt really comfortable with him straight away.

the reason we are going private is because we keep moving due to the army the NHS said we wont be in one place long enough to be on the list, we need to be in one place for 3 years or more (which i think is rediculious) due to waiting lists.

But winterbourne is a lovely hospital

Louise xxx :happy:

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Children: Dorchester

Saturday, October 17th 2009, 10:33pm

Hi i am currently under this clinic @ the moment x they have been really good to us so far x On my first cycle of clomid and on CD15 at the moment x hoping to do a HPT in bout 2 1/2 weeks x

My problem is i have PCOS and have irregular periods ( although they have recently been about 5-6 weeks apart for the last couple of months so was working on that basis until the cloinic told me id probably ovulate on CD 12 which has completely thrown me now as not sure when i should test )

we are just going to keep BDing until i either get AF or a BFP!!!

Jem

Reg: Sep 7th 2010

Children: 8 Year old gorgeous son

Friday, September 10th 2010, 3:26pm

Hi,
I'm waiting to receive an appointment for this clinic, so good to read great stuff
Jem

Kimmy

Superstar

Wednesday, September 22nd 2010, 5:25pm

Winterbourne

Hi there Jem,

I had my first ICSI at harley street clinic in London and my second in winterbourne hospital ........................Winterbourne was by far the better of the 2, lovely staff, nice comfortable environment really glad i went there.

Hope this helps

Kimmy
xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE