You are not logged in.

Unread posts

janied

• "janied" started this thread

Reg: Aug 25th 2010

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 1:27am

scratch scar

My 3 year old daughter got scratched on the cheek about 1/2 inch long by her one year old brother with a tiny jagged nail. It bled slightly at the time, this was 3 and a half months ago, and then seemed to heal okay. The mark is flat and doesn't seem to have much texture change, but she has been left with a red line on her face that doesn't seem to be fading no matter what kinds of scar creams I put on her. The dermatologist told me to avoid the sun and give it time to fade, but it has been over 3 months and I am upset that she still has this scar. Has anyone had a similar experience? Did the mark ever go away or at least get to be minimally noticeable? Thanks for any responses.

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Thursday, August 26th 2010, 9:06pm

Hi and welcome to FZ.

I think all scars tend to fade over time but I guess it would vary from person to person and depend on the scar - where on the body, how deep it is etc.

If you've already seen a dermatologist, I think the best thing would be to give it a while longer and see how it is, or if you are really worried, phone your GP and ask for another referral.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE