You are not logged in.

Unread posts

winker1

• "winker1" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2010

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 7:07pm

Confused over blood test results

Hello Just wanted some advice on blood test results on CD3. My fsh is 48 lh 45.4 est 191 prog 2.5 I knew already my figures are really crap and my eggs are now too old to conceive a baby ever again but I was told that if the est is 191 it normally pushes to fsh down which gives a falsh reading. :S But mine hasn't ??? :S

Kind regards :)

Jo :)

Can

Ace

Reg: May 24th 2010

Sunday, July 18th 2010, 7:41pm

Hi Jo,, sorry I can't answer your questions but didn't just want to read an run.. Everyone is great on here so no doubt someone will be along to answer your questions.. So hello an I wish you all the luck in the world..

Love can x

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Monday, July 19th 2010, 11:19pm

Hi,

As you say the figures are not encouraging for your fertility potential. It is true also as you say, that a premature increase in oestrogens, too early in the cycle, usually reduces the levels of FSH and LH, often bringing them down into the normal range. This can give a false impression that you have normal gonaotrophins and a normal fertility potential. The levels are certainly very high but It may be that your levels would be even higher if your oestrogen had not been raised.

However it is always worth getting these results repeated as all values can vary from time to time/ cycle to cycle; and laboratory and clerical errors are quite common. But also because this relationship between FSH/LH and oestrogen only applies if the blood sample has been obtained at a time well away from the ovulatory peak, ie during the first 1-3 days of your cycle. If you have an irregular cycle, a very short cycle, or no cycles at all, it can be very difficult to get a true baseline result. Your progesterone clearly indicates that you had not ovulated at the time of the blood sampling, but if these values are just possible if the blood was taken a few days before ovulation just as the LH surge was starting to happen.

So get them repeated at what you know is an appropriate time and see if there is any what difference.

Good luck,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

winker1

• "winker1" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2010

Wednesday, August 4th 2010, 11:22am

Hi Paul

Thanks for taking the time to read my story I have know for a while now that my fertility is coming to an end and have had to accept that there is never going to be another baby. I am very lucky to have been able to have a child as I didnt fall until I was 34 and that was a very big surprise for everyone.. So I guess the way it happen it was fate.. Cos if we have waited until I was 36 it would never of happened.

Thanks again

Jo xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE