You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Lottie32" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 8:04am

Worried about what to do - any advice?

Hi Ladies,

I just got my results back from Dr Gorgy and would like some advice. I had a quick telephone consultation with him, so I know my main problem areas, but am now further confussed. He explained I had raied NK cells and should have intralipids or IVIG, but my levels raise when mixed with these, so I am scared to have this treatment if it could make things worse? Has anyone else had this problem and how were you treated? Also in my country I am can't find Intralipids, so I will probably have to travel to get it (arghhhhh), but do I really want to take it if it could make things worse?

NK 50:1 - 17.2 (I know this is a little high)
NK 25:1 - 12
NK 12.5:1 - 8.7

IgG conc 12.5 50:1 - 20.9 (why did it increase?)
IgG conc 12.5 25:1 - 8.6
IgG conc 6.25 50:1 - 11.3
IgG conc 6.25 25:1 - 8.9

50:1 w/intralipid 1.5 mg/ml - 18.1 (another increase!)
25:1 w/intralipid 1.5 mg/ml - 8

I also have another problem, a DQ Alpha match and negative LAD. Do you think I need LIT? I know my result was negative but my B-cells are ok and I thought that was what mattered? Will Intalipids help this issue?

Me - 0103, 0201
My husband - 0102, 0201

The LAD results were Negative
(T-cells) IgM+ - 1.0
(T-cells) IgG+ - 1.3
(B-cells) IgM+ - 41.4
(B-cells) IgG+ - 66.9

I am pleased we have some answers to our problems, but now I am so scared of what to do next and it doesn't help being away from London. I have also been told to take clexane 20mg and prednislone 25mg from day 5 of stims (today), could this be enough to help my problems or should I travel back for some Intralipids? Arggghhhhh more stress!!!

Thanks, please any advice would be great as I am going mad googling and getting nowhere.
xx
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 9:23am

lottie

I am not an expert on this but I think it would help if you got the Dr Beer - Is your body baby friendly book?. It will help to explain some of this.

I have a DQ alpha match with DH and I have had intralipids. Also the NK cells assay not only shows that the levels are raised but the level should half each time. So for example, 50:1 - 17.2. 25:1 - should be then 8.5 or less and then 12:1 - half that again say 4 or less,. As yours dont halve they have a stronger killing power. I would expect you to be given steroids for this. They say anything above 15 has ability to kill the embryo.

I am being given the intralipids for the DQ alpha match but they may not do this if it raises your levels. I dont think you need must have the LIT and intralipids have been shown to be as good as IVIG and are cheaper and are NOT a blood product.

any chance you can get to a Care clinic and get their opinion?
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

• "Lottie32" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 12:05pm

Hi Bravegirl,
Thanks for getting back. I didn't realise that about my NK cells not halving, bugger.

So I need Intralipids for my DQ alpha match? But what if they increase my NK cells as the test suggests? Will the steroids prevent this? Why are things never straight forward, all I want is my body to do the most natural thing possible and have a baby, which all my friends are doing sooo easily.

I am frantically trying to contact the suppliers of intralipids to see if they deliver to a country near me, not easy with langauge barriers. I have only got 5 days to find some and receive it (as I have to take it between day 7-10 of stimming) so not looking good.

I have been following your dairy, hope the 2WW is not dragging too much for you, stay positive xx
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Thursday, July 22nd 2010, 12:28pm

hi hon

the not halving thing is quite normal if you have immune issues. I cant tell you what to do about treatment hon, I am really sorry. you need to speak to your consultant about what treatments to take.

x
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE