You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Siobhan

• "Siobhan" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 27th 2009

Children: A beautiful 12 yr old daughter and a gorgeous 1 yr old baby girl, hoping to be blessed again.

What's Up?
:0)

Monday, April 27th 2009, 7:39pm

James Paget Hospital Yarmouth

Hi there ladies, well i had a lap and dye about 5 weeks at james paget hospital in great yarmouth and the doctor said that for me to fall pregnant naturally was very slim so he has reffered us for ivf. we have another appointment at hospial with dr greenwood on the 12th! does anyone know what happens after i have seen dr greenwood? and how long more i have to wait?

many thanks.x ?(

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30
IVF x3 :BFN:
FET x4 :BFN:
Brief positives along the way [zx103]

Evie Rose born 28/09/2011 weighing 5Ib 12oz
Evie Rose Grist Adopted on the 26/03/2013 [zx076]

Michelle

Monday, April 27th 2009, 8:05pm

Hi Siobhan

I found out that the James Paget hospital work in conjuction with Bourne Hall to deliver their fertility services. The thread for Bourne hall can be found here and may help?:
Bourn Hall Clinic, Cambridge

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

Children: A beautiful 12 yr old daughter and a gorgeous 1 yr old baby girl, hoping to be blessed again.

What's Up?

Monday, April 27th 2009, 8:25pm

Thanks for that Michelle that was really helpfull. :smile:

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Reg: Oct 13th 2005

Children: Moving on from TX. Dedicating our lives to each other and fur-babies.

Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 3:38pm

So......
Back in March when all this funding business was going on, i called JPH to check to see if they got the contract for trasport IVF with Bourn again. i was told yes they had and i would go straight on the waiting list for the 1st April. For 6 weeks now i have been thinking i'm gonna be and Aug/Sept cycler (as you would hey?)

I called today just to confirm that everything was ok and i had been put on said list....and no, i haven't and was also told they didnt get the funding and it ALL goes to bourn.
Dont get me wrong, if thats the case, it'll actually suit DH and i better as there will be no more treks up the A12 for bloods and most importantly, no lugging incubators around the country containing my precious cargo.

what i am MIFFED about, (No, i cant even explain how seethingly angry i am) is if i hadnt called today, would i have gotten a call before august informing me of this or would i have called them only to be told all this same crap in another 3 months ONLY to be put on another sodding 18wk waiting list.

this isnt as cut an dried as i thought but i am calling tomorrow to speak to the one in the know and will report back. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
1st IVF & FET= No Transfer
4 x BFN

"Some days you're the dog........Most days you're the tree"

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 5th 2009, 5:16pm

Oh good luck Billie :smile: when i phoned james paget they told me that as from April the are no longer doing ivf! which i found very strange! the sister there told me that if you go to bourne they can subcontract them to make it easier for people that are closer to the hospital rather than go all the way to cambridge. But as like you i have only found things out by ringing the hospital myself! :sadface: which is wrong they should inform all patients to let them know where they stand!!! i have got another appointment next tuesday to sign consent forms and hopefully they can tell me whats going to happen net and how long more i have to wait :sadface: its the waiting thats the worse thing X(

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 3:08pm

I called back and spoke the the real nurse (the other was a stand in) and it seems she got the whole thing backwards.

At james Paget, if you are already in the system and are still entitled to your 'free goes', they will be doing the bloods and EC as before. Then you transport to Bourn for et. This is the only part Bourn have in all your tx.

This only applies though to the already in the system people. Any newbies are going to the other clinics, ie Bourn, Barts, Leicester etc solely. They need to have their GP's refer them to their chosen clinic (of 5) for East of England.

So mine is as i originally said. I have to be on a waiting list for 18 weeks (from 1st April) so mine is gonna start in August and the very earliest.
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 3:32pm

Thank God Billie!
:xxx:

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, May 7th 2009, 7:03pm

:hi: Billie, well that makes alot more sense :smile: im so pleased it just saves so much hassle :smile: i think im probably going to be at the same stages as you, iv got another appointment on tuesday and when i spoke to the nurse she seemed to think it was to sign consent forms! but im sure il find out whats happening next. its all the waiting around thats the hardest thing :sadface: was it sister curry you spoke to? and do you know is it 6 attempts we get as its partly done at bourn or are we still only intiltled to the 3?

:xxx3:

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Friday, May 8th 2009, 10:52am

Yes it was Sister Debbie Currie i spoke to. She is really good. Really knows her stuff.

As for the 3 or 6 attempts, i was told its 6 transfers.
this will take into account any FET's.

BUT if you have 3 fresh goes and never any FET's, you only get those 3 goes. The 6 transfers is the void.

So in my case, i have had 1 fresh cycle and 2 FET's.
that counts as 3 transfers.

I will still get either of these combinations.....

2 x fresh transfer (if i have no frosties)
2 x fresh transfer and 1 FET
1 x fresh and 2 FET's
1 x fresh and 1 FET, then 1 fresh.

i hope that doesnt confuse too much but so much depends on frosties really.

good luck hun, i hope this is the one xxx
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, May 8th 2009, 12:35pm

Hi Billie,
no thats not confusing at all and thank you for that information. :happy: Well i have just phoned the hospital myself and found out quite alot, surprisingly!!! :smile: You are right all scans blood tests meds and EC are done at james paget and the ET is done at bourne :happy: which makes life alot easier for me as we only live 20mins away from the hospital. :happy: Also i was told the waiting list isnt very long at all :happy: When do you think you will start the process again? maybe we will be cycle buddies :snigger: how fun :happy:

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Friday, May 8th 2009, 1:48pm

well i was told i have to go on an 18 week waiting list starting 1 April which means i wont start until 5th August at the earliest.

i remember when i first got referred there 3 years ago, it was the shortest waiting list in the area at 9months as oppsed to 2 years at Ipswich.
i saw them in the Feb and they booked me in for a lap in the June, then called me in for bloods and stuff ready for the sept/oct. i then started proper tx on 18th dec that same year and that was only because i had to delay for 2 months when i took holiday. so they are pretty good at keeping the dates.
alot of my delays have been due to my af cycle. it was real erratic so they never knew when i was going to be ready but its sorted now.

has anyone said anything about dates for you?
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, May 8th 2009, 4:31pm

Hi Billie,
No nothing yet about dates :sadface: the lady i spoke to today said that on tuesday myself and my DH will sign consent forms and most probably have to have blood tests which my DH is dreading it will be the first blood test he has had for IVF :smile: I suppose i will find out more about the dates next week! the nurse did say to me that the waiting list wasnt very long at all so you never know you might be having IVF alot sooner than you think :happy: well fingers crossed anyway xfingers.

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 6:13pm

Hi everyone,
Well iv just got back from hospital and we are now on the waiting list for transport ivf to bourn hall :happy: im so pleased :happy: the waiting list is no longer than 4 months so i was told today that no later than september we will be starting meds :D i did find out about my lap and dye test! finally!!! i have a hole in my tube so the dye was squirting out the sides half way through :sadface: so defo a small chance to have a natural bfp :bawl: but i got the outcome i wanted.

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 12th 2009, 6:13pm

Hi everyone,
Well iv just got back from hospital and we are now on the waiting list for transport ivf to bourn hall :happy: im so pleased :happy: the waiting list is no longer than 4 months so i was told today that no later than september we will be starting meds :D i did find out about my lap and dye test! finally!!! i have a hole in my tube so the dye was squirting out the sides half way through :sadface: so defo a small chance to have a natural bfp :bawl: but i got the outcome i wanted.

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 10:30am

Siobhan,

Just wondering if you are still on the boards hun.
Just also letting you know i'm trying to change to Bourn totally as its less stress for us travel wise. Since the change in protcol etc for our region, we now have that option i think it best for us.

Have you heard anything? i shouldnt imagine you have actually coz they said around Aug/ Sept but i thought i'd just check hun.

xxxxx
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 3:02pm

Hi Billie hun, well we were thinking of changing to bourn aswell! its alot of travelling but sister currie just really seems to be fobbing me off all the time :bawl: she told me to ring her when i started my AF in june which i did and she was on holiday! so i was told to call her back on monday which i did and now shes saying il be contacted via letter in september!!! i cant believe it she got our hopes up and then just shattered them! i rang bourn and they said that we can do everything through them and if we had known that before we would of done! still trying to get through to sister currie again now to find out exactly what she meant about september! when we had a consultation with her she said that the waiting list was 18 weeks start to finish!
Anyway how are you hun? where abouts are you in all the treatment?

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 3:05pm

if i stay with JPH, i'm in the same boat as you hun. still waiting for the initial call to say when to start.
where exactly are you hun? i mean location to JPH/bourn etc??

i must admit i didnt think i'd be starting much before september anyway coz the 18wk waiting period for me ends on 5th aug but what with timing AF's etc, it could run into sept or even oct
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 3:56pm

I live in Lowestoft so only about 20 mins drive to james paget! atleast 2 hours to bourn hall but if were going to be seen more quickly then i dont mind travelling! when i spoke to bourn this morning they said that they were fully booked til september but we would start treatment almost instantly! trying to get more info out of sister currie before i make any decisions! have you been given any idea on when you will start?

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 5:28pm

No i havent even discussed when to start. Funny though coz in a round about way she mentioned you, not by name, but she said she had been speaking to someone else from JPH today.
They are having problems getting hold of each other and are playing phone tag atm.

Mmmmm in your case then, i'm not sure i would change to bourn. you will be having all your tests at JPH and scans and the only reason you go to bourn is when your DH drives your eggs over there and then 2 days later for et.

i think you are in a good position in lowestoft
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 8:29am

Yes Bourn did say to me too that they had been trying to get hold of sister currie but she hadnt returned there calls! i did finally get through to her in the end tho and she said to me that i would most likely start treatment in august she just needed to find my file and see where i am on the waiting list, so if thats the case i wont go with bourn! she said she would TRY and call me back but if she hasnt by the end of today then i will ring her again! I mean im really not asking for much all i want is to find out roughly how long more i will be waiting!!!
I see your going on holiday! cornwall is lovely atleast that will take your mind off everything. xx

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 10:22am

Mmmmm not sure about that hun.
I want it sorted before i go on hol so at least i will be able to relax. at this rate i'll be thinking of it all the time lol

I cant fault the lady at Bourn though, shes been really helpful so far and actually took 3 numbers from me so she could contact me easier.

So it looks like you might be starting August then?
Thats brill hun, i'm pleased for you. No doubt if i stay at JPH i would be starting same time as you but hopefully it wont be long after.

have you had your bloods/ SA etc????
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 4:52pm

The last time i was there i asked sister currie if i needed to do anything like have any blood tests and she said no!!! she had everything! iv had blood tests before not sure what they were for! i dont really ask questions, stupid really! Whats an SA? apperntly sister currie will ring me tomoz to let me know where i am on the waiting list and im hoping from that she can give me a rough idea of when we will start!
i totally agree with you about the ladies at Bourn being so nice and helpful, its such a shame i live so far from cambridge ottherwise we would of gone down that route!

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Billie

Megastar

Thursday, July 9th 2009, 8:41pm

I'm going to bourn!!!
The lady called and said i have to go to JPH for my HIV, HEP A and B and then i can get a transfer.

SA is a semen analysis hun

I hope she calls you tomorrow hun. Cant wait to hear now for you xxxxx
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, July 10th 2009, 4:32pm

Oh well done hun, i bet your chuffed! well im still waiting to hear from sister currie there has been no awnser all day!!! X( thanks for letting me know what SA means! lol. yea DH has had a few of them and they are all fine! hes not smoking anymore aswell now so hopefully that should boost it up! im not sure if iv had any HIV test! i did ask if i needed to do anything whilst i was waiting and she said that she had all the info she needed! oh well another question for me to ask her now! il be bloody doing her job for her next!

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Reg: Jun 4th 2009

Children: not my destiny

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 11:53pm

good luck to you all.
I've just logged on to see if JP affiliated to Bourn and you have confirmed via your posts. But I will have to pay privately if we decide to do IVF again this time cos I am 40 now, so I guess that means I have to do everything through Bourn if I choose them! Oh god... live in Norfolk and have to go to Cambs, nearly as bad as London. We need something more local. Maybe we should set up our own clinic lol
Dizzybird
Barts: IVF Jun 09 BFN, Create: ICSI Nov 09, Mar 10, Sep 10 - all BFN

Siobhan

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:20am

Hi Dizzy, Sorry to hear you have to fund it yourself :sadface: it really does take a massive chunk out of the bank balance doesnt it. Im not 100% on this but you might be able to attend JPH for all your scans and stuff because they work with Bourn so it might be worth checking out :smile:

Billie how was your holiday?

Well as for me i was given a date in the post yesturday :smile: :smile: :smile: We go to JP on the 10th of August to pick up my meds and to have our bloods done :bawl: HIV etc! its a 2 hour appointment as good old sister Currie has to show me how to do my meds :happy: cant wai,t i cant believe the days i start IVF are just around the corner, soooo exciting :smile:

TTC 7 Yrs
Me 30 DH 30

Winter

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, June 27th 2010, 8:18pm

This seems like a really old thread now but I was wondering whether anyone else is going through investigations at JP - or if any of you who have can give me some advice? DH and I have had nothing but delays and frustrations with the hospital and I feel like we have had so little information given to us.

Our first appt was August last year with Dr Sharma who was covering for Greenwood. They promised a follow up 3 months later but I ended up having to wait until feb! I then had an HSG in March and as nothing bad was found we were told to wait 5 months until our next appointment in case we fall pregnant naturally.

My next appt is at the end of July and I really dont know what to expect, reading other peoples posts I am hoping that we will be referred for some type of treatment but we dont have much idea of what we are entitled to in our area or how long we will have to wait.

Any information or advice would be great as the wait for the next appointment is killing me!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Billie

Megastar

Friday, July 2nd 2010, 10:12pm

Hi Winter,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Just got back from hol.
Anyway..I can only go on my experience but I know for a fact that alot of the rules and regs have changed since April 2009.

I know I was referred to JP in Feb 05 and after a laporoscopy inbetween, I started treatment 18th Dec 05. So 10 months after first referral. If your appt is in July, then I'd say the timings are about right.
Will you actually be seeing Mr. Greenwood this time? (I dont know Dr Sharma at all).

I 'think' at the next appt, you'll go through the IVF treatment, you should be given a protocol with predicted dates for egg collection and then you'll be asked to contact the clinic on the first day of the AF you will cycle on. You should then be given a date (your day 21 usually) to go to the clinic and they will give you a downregging injection and some spray that you sniff until you get your next bleed. (Remember i'm still only going by what they did with me).
On the next bleed, you will go in to the clinic again for a scan to check your womb lining is thinned so the stimming injections can start to produce your follicles and eggs and thicken the lining again in preparation for embryo transfer.

I know the wait is just awful. I know how frustrated you must be feeling too hun. Its been delay after delay for me again too.

Good luck to you for your cycle and getting your BFP.

If you need anymore info or anything just let me know and feel free to PM me anytime. xxx
Me 38, DH 39
TTC for 8 years +
4 x BFN

Winter

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Sunday, July 4th 2010, 4:15pm

Thanks for replying Billie. I will be seeing Mr Greenwood later this month which is good as Dr Sharma has really bad English and didn't really know what he was doing with all the equipment. He had to get a nurse to show him how to use the weighing scales!!

I'm hoping you're right and that we can talk IVF at the next appt, I just want something to hang onto rather than all the waiting and speculating. I probably will PM you after the appt if thats okay. Hope all goes well for you this time round xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE