You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Footsie" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2007

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 10:00pm

South East Fertility Clinic, Tunbridge Wells

I'm with SEFC in Tunbridge Wells and they're fantastic. They're a small independant clinic with two cons and everything is really friendly & personal. They can do scans from 7:30am and when DH couldn't get time off work they done his bloods on a Saturday.
The clinic is quite new so it's all very modern and I find it a relaxing place to be.
Me 32 - Blocked tubes cleared 2007, very slim chance of conceiving naturally
DH 31 - No problems

1st IVF Dec 07 - Poor response - BFN
2nd IVF Mar 08 - BFN
3rd IVF - Sep 08 - BFP but didn't quite make it :sadface:
4th IVF - May 09 - BFN

5th IVF - Nov 10 - BFN

bex81

Reg: Jan 5th 2008

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 11:26am

Hi,

I have been treated at The Chaucer for two of my procedures - IVF and Frozen. IVF resulted in a positive but sadly was a partial molar. They are currently very busy and can not see us until May, so we are decided to go somewhere else, South East Fertility Clinic. From looking at their website and HFEA the success rates are not that great. Has anyone had a success with this clinic, its very nerve wracking going somewhere else.

Thanks

Becci xx

Reg: May 7th 2009

Children: Hopefully soon - but count one Tortoiseshell cat!

Saturday, June 6th 2009, 8:43pm

We are at SEFC, first cycle was due to start this month but couldn't go ahead due a cyst being found but not sure about success rates, when we compared with BMI Chaucer and Chelsfield Park we thought they were favourable but probably not reading right :sadface:
Nicky :xxx3:

1st IUI 21 August :BFN:
1st ICSI :BFN:
2nd IVF March 2010 :BFN:
3rd IVF June 2010 Failed Blastocyst :BFN:
4th IVF Alturistic Donor Eggs, :BFP:

Miscarriage 6 February 2011 at 10 weeks
Baby Billy my angel :tears:

Faye

Reg: Jan 6th 2009

Children: SEFC in TW

Monday, June 15th 2009, 5:07pm

RE: South East Fertility Clinic, Tunbridge Wells

We had our first cycle with SEFC in Noveember. Sadly it was not successful. Our frozen embryo's did not survive the thraw process either. We are on NHS so are about to have our second go in July so fingers crossed. The consultant does seem to think that they have a good success rate ...... but of course he would say that !! Unfortunately I'm sure everyone that is successful is happily nursing babies and does not have time to look at this thread :smile:
Faye

ruthp

Reg: Jun 30th 2009

Children: daughter aged 9

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 8:41pm

I used the SEFC when they were part of Nuffield Hospital and felt a little let down - but I am sure everyone whose treatment fails feels let down.

I am considering IVF again as I have no chance of conceiving naturally and am feeling so worried about it. Nervous of trying a new clinic, nervous to go back to the clinic were it failed.

Does anyone know anybdiy who has had a successfully pregnancy through IVF?

Faye

Friday, July 10th 2009, 5:53pm

I do not know anyone personally but a friend of mine had serveral expectant Mums in her anti natal classes that were there through IVF. It does seem that its very common but when your going through it you don't know anyone else going through it!
I think when it comes to starting a new cycle you kind of have to jump in and do it..... we start our next cycle on the 21st July and to be honest I have very mixed feelings about whether I want to do it or not.... if I think about it to much I will get meself in a state so I'm just going to do it and see what happens.
Good luck.... I hope you find somewhere you like to have treatment.

Faye
Faye

Monday, August 17th 2009, 1:54pm

We're with SEFC and are currently undergoing our first IUI cycle, they are good but one of the nurses sort of can be a bit blunt with you when I went for third cycle scan this morning and my follies were not growing at the best rate, I said to her "what happens if they dont grow to the right size" and she just said "well thats it we have to abandon" and I said is there any other way and she just said "no I WILL ABANDON IT"! which point I felt like crying.

According to the consultant their first cycle IUI success rate is at 30% at the moment which is obviously very high compared with national rates, so Im hoping some of that 30% is going to come my way,

Faye

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 10:36am

Tishers

I hope that your follicules grew to the right size. It is very frustralting when things don't go according to plan.
So far we have had a ICSI that resulted in no pregnacy, a frozen cycle were the embro's did not survive the thaw process and our recent ICSI were I had 13 loevely eggs, only one fertilised and then failled to develope so there was no embro to transfer. As frustrating as that is, I'd almost rather that happen than go through the two weeks to wondering if it's worked untill I have to pee on a stick.
I was initially cross with the clinic as they did a sperm retrivel on my husband and froze his sperm for 10 days. Apparently this is normal practise but it may well be what caused the failure to produce the embro as the sperm are obviously really delicate. Next time we are going for sperm retrivel on the day of egg collection. The difficultly is it is not an exact science and every case is different.
I have found it frustrating that I have seen a lot of different nurses at SEFC in the year that we have been visiting the clinic. However last cycle I saw Marion for my last two scans which made me happier as I felt that she knows me and our case.
I hope things go well for you. Keep smiling.
Love
Faye

Tuesday, August 18th 2009, 4:50pm

Hi Faye,
I have another scan tomorrow, they upped my dosage to 150 for last night and tonight in an effort to boost them, on Monday they were measuring 14mm (right) and 11mm (left) plus a few small ones. I may have screwed up my dosage initially when i should have been doing 75 (i have posted elsewhere), they need 16-20 tomorrow so hopefully the extra dosage has made them sprout big time!

I have seen Marion a couple of times, she is really nice, there is this other nurse that I have seen for most of my scans, and I cant remember her name but she is ok but she can be a bit blunt with you sometimes, especially if you start asking questions.

Sorry you have had trouble, I would be upset as well, I hope you keep faith, I assume you are going to try again?

Take care
nicky x

Faye

Sunday, September 13th 2009, 10:59am

Yes we will be trying again. I'm not rive up ready to give up on hubby yet even if the clinic are starting to talk about doners. I need to give myself a break first and concerntrate on my job! Hubby has also just been made redundant. Hopefully this is a good thing as we are confident he will find another job quicky and then we will have a pile of redundancy money to pay for this instead of having to save like mad for our next cycle...... but even so I still feel like we are a target for mud flinging at the moment!!!!!
And you...?
Faye

Reg: Apr 29th 2010

Children: Two. Adopted daughter and son conceived through IUI

Thursday, June 24th 2010, 5:32pm

helpful

Hi

I've just had treatment abroad and needed scans and possibly blood tests here. The SEFC were the only people who would help with this and made it easy to register and book last minute appointments. If they approach all their patients this way then I am impressed. I have been on the waiting list with another clinic who refused to help and were in fact extremely unpleasant about it.

:xxx:
:hello:

Me 45 DH 32

POF 1995
1996 adopt gorgeous daughter [zx127]
IUI :BFP: 1998 gorgeous son :P
Egg donation 2005 :BFN: ;(
Embryo donation 23.6.10 :BFN: ;(

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE