You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Lottie32" started this thread

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 4:27pm

Some advice please

Hi, I hope someone can give me some advice. I have just had my 3rd cycle cancelled and as a result I can head back to the UK sooner for immunology testing (I live in the Middle East). I had a phone consultation after my last cycle with Dr Gorgy , so I will go to him. Question I have is, I can go back to the UK soon, but my husband cannot. Do they need both our bloods at the same time for all the tests? If it’s just my blood what tests will be missed? We both won’t be back till later in the year and I am thinking it might be nice to get some results before our next try probably in September. I’ve had the level 1 tests done so it would all the other fun stuff. Thanks ladies xx
4 MC - High NKC, DQ A Match
3rd IVF - Immune protocol - baby born April 2011
Jan 2012- Shock natural BFP - due 4th Oct

deedee1

Reg: May 23rd 2008

Children: 1 beautiful daughter

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 4:34pm

Hi Lottie,

I'm sharing my experiences from Ireland but I don't think they differ too much. Unless, your husband and yourself are having the DQ Alpha matching test, I don't think he is required at all. I know for us, it was just me who had to give blood as we didn't have this specific test - as with everything IVF related, its the woman who is treated like a pin cushion and tested for everything! Should have said this is for the higher level Chicago immune tests - I presume this is what you're talking about?

Re timescales - it normally takes 9 days for the results to come back - so not at all long.

Best of luck with everything.

ruthie

Superstar

• "ruthie" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Aug 31st 2008

Children: 3 angels looking after us.

Tuesday, June 22nd 2010, 6:54pm

My DH had his blood tested for karyotyping, basically they check that you have 23 pairs of chromosomes with no translocations or major abnormalities. Other than that, as Dee says, your DH would only need testing if you were looking for a DQ alpha match. We didn't have that done as my clinic feels that even if we were a match, we're having immune tx anyway and they wouldn't do anything extra if we were a match. There is a tx called LIT for DQ alpha matches but the only person doing it was Paul Armstrong and he's lost his licence for LIT so we didn't bother.

If you've already had karyotyping and are just looking at Chicago testing then DH isn't required.

Good luck!

Xxx