You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "KELLYLB29" started this thread

Reg: May 6th 2010

Thursday, May 6th 2010, 9:39pm

Why are my follicles so small?

Hi,

I am on CD 13, first round of clomid and had my scan yesterday. My follicules are only 9-11mm 7 on left 11 on right. I have no idea what is happening? I thought by now they should be bigger? I brought another ovulation kit today and suprise it said not ovulating!- I already knew this but TCC makes you get a bit obsessed doesn't it! I don'tknow if they should up my clomid as only on 50 mg? don't understand why I have quite a few follicules but there all small!! any ideas anyone? do you think in the next few days I stand a chance of any of them growing and ovulating? I was feeling ok but after my scan I feel a total wreck! I just have no insight into what is happening to my body?

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, May 7th 2010, 3:11pm

Hiya,

Welcome to FZ!!

I think that follies should be about 18mm. However, you said you're on your first round of clomid. It could be that you just need a higher dose. Its great that you're getting scans. You should be having bloods done on cd21 to comfire whether ovulation has occurred.

OPK's can give false results while on clomid so its not really the best idea to use them.

My cons put it like this 'When the ovaries prepare to ovulate they make loads of little follies, they grow bigger and argue among themselves as to who is going to pop the egg out. They still don't know how that decision is made. But if they can't decide between them then they all shrink and start again with no ovulation occuring.'

I know that follies do grow daily so they may still grow and you may still ovulate, or you may just need your dose adjusting.

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Kimby

Reg: Feb 16th 2010

Children: Beautiful girl born 7th Feb 2011.

Friday, May 7th 2010, 3:12pm

Hi Kelly, sorry to see you're worrying after your scan.I don't know anything about Clomid so I'm no help to you at all. Sorry! I'm sure someone will be along that can help and answer your questions. xx

• "KELLYLB29" started this thread

Reg: May 6th 2010

Monday, May 17th 2010, 9:25pm

Thanks for your advise. I had my day 21 bloods done last week and my level was only 1 which I have read is really low. Seeing the consultant again next week so fingers crossed things get sorted. xx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 9:45am

Hiya Kelly,

1 basically means your have not ovulated so they will probably up your dose at your next appointment.

Don't feel too down though chick, clomid is a bit of trial and error and finding out which dose gets your ovaries working.

Let us know how you get on next week!

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE