You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "snow white" started this thread

Reg: Dec 2nd 2009

Tuesday, May 18th 2010, 7:22pm

Male age and risk of miscarriage

Hi,

My DH is aged 53 and I am 30. On our first ICSI we got our BFP which sadly ended in a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. I am now 6 weeks PG again after using our frozen embies.

I have been doing some reading and there appears to be some information about male age increasing the risk of miscarriage significantly. This has really concerned me and i wondered if anyone out there could offer some more infor on this? or anyone with an older partner who has successfully conceived and had a live birth?

Thanks

1st ICSI Nov 09 MM/C 11 weeks :sniff:

FET April 10

:BFP: :sticky:

Our beautiful daughter Holly Mae arrived 31st December 2010

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: Hopefully

Wednesday, May 19th 2010, 2:40pm

Hi Rachel

Don't tell me that please! My DH is 63, I'm 42 and this is our 1st attempt. The piece of definite information I can give you is that DH is 1 of 9: his Dad was married twice and DH's youngest brother was born when their Dad was 57 and DH's stepmum was 35ish. Also there are loads of stories in the press about celebrity Dads who are older (look at Michael Douglas for example).

My only advice would be don't worry about it as this is so stressful anyway, just concentrate on looking after yourself and your passenger.
Kate :tipsy: