You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Cal Lou" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2006

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 6:34pm

IUI - without stimulation

Hi all

We were told last week that there is no medical reason why we can't concieve following my Lap and Dye.
We have a further appointment at the hosp in 4 months time (fingers crossed we won't need the app). The cons told us the next step would be IUI.
I have read up on IUI and from what I can gather I would have IUI without stimulation due to me ovulating ok and DH having excellent swimmers.
Does anyone have experience of this??? My understanding is that I can have upto 5 attempts on NHS is this right???

Sorry another question??? Does anyone know how long the waiting list is for this in Leeds??? How can I find out?

I know the cons will tell me all this at my app in 4 months but I know you guys could probably help me out now....

Have a good weekend everyone !!!!
Cal x

TTC since Aug 2004
5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF Aug 2007 :BFN:
ICSI Dec 2007 :BFP:

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 6:38pm

Hi Call

Every area will be different in how they do IUI, how long their waiting lists are and how many attempts you are allowed.

Your local fertility clinic should be able to tell you how many you will be allowed. Have they referred you yet? Once they have referred you, they should again be able to tell you how long they believe the wait will be.

You can have IUI with OI (ovulation induction) even if you do ovulate and DH has good swimmers

That was the case with us. I do ovu and DH had good semen analysis'. We first had ovulation induction x 3 which is downregging (like in IVF) with injections to stimulate more follicle growth.
Then I had IUI with the same protocol.

You should have all these questions answered at your next appointment.

But, start making a list of Qs to ask them now!!!

Lisa
x

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 7:02pm

Hi Cal - similar answer to Tabitha - ring your clinic they will tell you how long the waiting list is. I have had 2 "natural" iuis with no stimulation - they scanned me to see when my folly was ready then inseminated me with dh prepared sperm. Good luck!
Me 35 DH 43

• "Cal Lou" started this thread

Reg: Apr 20th 2006

Wednesday, September 27th 2006, 10:49pm

Thanks ladies - I've started my list of questions Tabitha - great idea thanks

Cal x

TTC since Aug 2004
5 Clomid cycles :BFN:
IVF Aug 2007 :BFN:
ICSI Dec 2007 :BFP: