You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ladysadie" started this thread

Reg: Nov 21st 2008

Children: C&W

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 1:32pm

Prematurely ageing ovaries - happy story

Hello to anyone reading this -

I just wanted to tell you my very happy ending to a very long story of infertility. I was told many moons ago (10 years) that my hormone levels were off-kilter and it would be very hard for me to conceive. As I was in the process of splitting with my partner, and still in my twenties, this was something I thought would just 'clear up'. Anyway, I met my DH in my mid thirties and we knew we'd really like a family - cut to last year after a long time of trying, and I was diagnosed with prematurely ageing ovaries and told to go straight to IVF.

We had 3 attempts at IVF earlier this year - short protocol, highest dosage of Gonal F they could give me - and no response at all from my ovaries to any attempt. My FSH wasn't especially high - between 10 and 21 (lower end came once I stopped the evil weed) but the consultant decided there was no point trying me on anything else and I was told I would never have my own family, and the discussion became mainly about donor eggs.

Throughout the IVF (and thanks to one of the lovely nurses recommending it - the docs hate the mere mention of the a-word ...) I began going to acupuncture. Specifically Chinese 5 Element acupuncture. Its a bit painful here and there but I began to feel better in myself almost immediately and even after the consultant had said we had no more options other than donor I continued to go, really believing something was happening to my ovarian/womb area.

I then joined a donor egg waiting list, and they asked me to go in for a day 14 scan to make sure my lining was ok - and while I was in there they found one very large folly about to drop, and two smaller follies on the other side - without any drugs I had actually created my own egg. I was told to go home and do the business and perhaps I wouldn't need their services ...

Well it only bloody worked. I'm now nearly 9 weeks pregnant. Still early days but its the miracle that that consultant said would never happen (he also said that if I did get pregnant it wouldn't work because the egg would be such bad quality - well I've just had 8 week scan because I was so bloody scared because of this comment and everything seems ok to date!).

I know this may just seem like someone else's story but I wanted to share the fact that the doctors aren't always right, that acupuncture can help, and the main thing - I started thinking of myself as a mother from the second I saw the donor egg place and they were positive about me conceiving with donor eggs (ladies, you know what its like to have so many no's - I'd never walked out of a doctors surgery having been told that yes, I would be a mother this time next year). Maybe its all this positivity, maybe its the needles or maybe just a goddam miracle from whoever's looking down on us - who knows, I managed to get a good result. It can happen. I know I used to get so down as the FSH issue is so ridiculously hard to resolve, but positivity made me feel so much better and I really think it helped me get to this stage.

I wish you all the greatest love and luck in the world with your search for your baby, however it comes to you.
S. xx

- can i just say I've nothing against the donor eggs - we'd have been happy to have our child whichever way it came to us. This is just a slightly cheaper one for sure! x
First IVF March/April 09 - abandoned due to no response.
Second IVF May 09 - abandoned due to no response.
Third IVF June/July 09 - abandoned, no response.

And then a BFP naturally ...

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 1:37pm

What a fantastic story. Good luck and hope your pregnancy goes well x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

Polly Pocket

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 1:56pm

Oh wow that's fantastic!! :D Congratulations on your pregnancy!! :D

We have first trimester chat thread HERE, general pregnancy chat section is HERE and if you already have a fertility diary we can either change the title to a 'pregnancy diary' or you can start a new one HERE.

There is a FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section HERE where you will find a wide range of frequently asked questions.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 7 months or so!!

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Alexander (March 2010) - the result of ICSI at Hammersmith

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:20pm

Congrats!

Congratulations - what a great story, so hope it goes well for you and your DH. xxx
May09:ICSI-sperm issues
Jul09: BFP! DS born Mar10
Jan12: ICSI-LOR-BFP-lost at 3 days
May12: looking 4 donor eggs

kimtia

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 9th 2008

Children: Hopefully one day.......

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:23pm

What a lovely story, wishing you all the very best and Congratulations !

amyeliz87

Superstar

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:31pm

Congratulations, this encourages me to find an Acupunturist more promptly now.
Especially as I had acupuncture recently for a shoulder injury, and now my shoulders fine, so I do have faith it does something :happy:
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

cinz

Ace

Reg: Sep 8th 2008

Children: DD 1992; DD 1997;DS 2010

Thursday, September 24th 2009, 3:46pm

Congratulations :D

anemone

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Friday, September 25th 2009, 6:38am

Hi Ladysadie,

Wow, that's fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS! To find out you were pg naturally after all of that is amazing.

What fab news and so encouraging for those of us with POF.

Great to hear that the acupuncture was so helpful in yr case. And you touched on the issue of accepting the idea of a donor egg to create your family, and whether that changed things as well.

I am prob only in the early days of all this - I was diagnosed with "diminished ovarian reserve" (low AMH) But after TTC only 8m, we have had a chem pg last cycle and will be ttc naturally a while yet. Stories like yours help me carry on with this journey.

Thanks again.

Ax
Me 37, DH 45
TTC#1 since Jan 09. Low AMH. Chem preg/early m/c Sept 09. Endo removed Oct 09, tubes clear. TTC naturally until end of year then maybe IVF.

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, September 25th 2009, 7:55am

thats fantastic news, My story is pretty much the same as yours apart form i had 8 IVF's then fell pregnant naturally, all after acupuncture :happy:
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Friday, September 25th 2009, 10:46am

Its those needles! Brilliant stuff, I am aware its not the same for everyone but I always wanted to hear positive stories so hopefully we can all be one! x

Paris

Star

Reg: Mar 7th 2008

Friday, September 25th 2009, 1:16pm

I am 100% sure for me it was the acupuncture, i changed nothing else xx
[link=http://lilypie.com][img noborder]http://lilypie.com/pic/2010/04/19/oQcy.jpg[/img][img noborder]http://lb2f.lilypie.com/u5wmp2.png[/img][/link]

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: 2 Stepsons

Friday, September 25th 2009, 2:37pm

Hi ladysadie, congratulations!!!!! Dont know if you remember me, we were cycle buddies backin April, as you can see from my ticker I had a poor response for the second time. I didn't realise that you had two more cycles, but this is just fab news!!! Will have to find an accupuncturist near me and get going, we are having a last ditch attempt in November.

Good luck with your pregnancy hun, you will have to start a pregnancy diary soon!!!

blowkiss
:xxx3:

Mrs I's diary

ICSI #1 DEC 2008 - Poor Response
ICSI #2 APRIL 2009 - Poor Response
ICSI #3 NOV 2009 - BFN

Monday, September 28th 2009, 2:47pm

Mrs I - of course I remember, good luck with the next one, all fingers and toes crossed for you. And its not the end of the line by any means - get those needles going in you! xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, September 28th 2009, 5:17pm

That's lovely, congratulations!

Susie70

Reg: Aug 17th 2009

Children: 1 angel in heaven Dec 2009 and 1 dd Roisin born Nov 2010 - our little miracle!

Monday, September 28th 2009, 7:18pm

That was so lovely to read! I know my problem is different to yours but it made me feel so much more positive.

Well done and loads of best wishes for you, your DH and your little one!

:XXX3:

1st BFP: 5 Nov '09 mmc 10wks-Dec '09, 1 angel in heaven
2nd BFP: Mar '10 Roisin Susannah born 27 Nov '10

Sunday, October 18th 2009, 7:09pm

What a great story - congratulations and wishing you a healthy pregnancy. xxx

We have 3 snow babies waiting for us.

chatterbox

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

What's Up?
blowkiss

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 10:23pm

I've just read your post - amazing news! Hope all is still progressing well for you! :D

:xxx:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Reg: Apr 7th 2010

Friday, April 9th 2010, 11:31am

I have just read your post and immediately started looking for an Acupuncturist in my area! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Friday, April 9th 2010, 12:22pm

My story is a bit similar - ttc for 5 years, 2 ectopic pregnancies, tried 2 rounds of Iui which failed & then 1 of Ivf when only got 2 eggs but it failed, then had consultation in Dec when Dr told me she didn't think my eggs would ever get me preg as have a low ovarian reserve, and suggested donor eggs but we were allowed 1 more try with my own eggs, had acupuncture, had IVF in Jan, got 4 eggs (double that if 1st cycle) and got a BFP!!!!!! I proved the Dr wrong - she was very nice but it felt good to prove her wrong!!

I'd really recommend acupuncture, that and the Zita West CD were my lifesavers through IVF

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, April 9th 2010, 1:45pm

Similar story to me. Was told at 20 that my hormone levels where 25% of what they should be and I was heading towards an early menopause but had to do Clomid just to see. Didnt work. Was due to start iui, lost 2 stone started acupuncutre (which relaxed me if nothing else) and was waiting for af when I found I was having G.

Great story!! Huge congratulations!! xx

Reg: May 18th 2009

Children: A son aged 16, conceived naturally

Friday, April 9th 2010, 9:07pm

Hi ladies.
Im stunned by the stories here and so happy to have found them.
You have all given hope to those like us.

I developed resistant ovaries at 24.I have been told that i am post menopausal and i havent had a natural period for at least 6 years.
I have had two failed IVF cycles using donor eggs.I have just ordered an Ebook an dim hoping this is going to help me concieve naturally.
You can see what this book is about if you research PREGNANCY MIRACLE.Its written by a lady named Lisa that had infertility for 14years and founs ways to rebalance her body to helping her concieve with two children.Amazing i thought so had to give it a go.I havent started reading it yet as i only paid and downloaded last night.

I hope i can also get as lucky as you ladies .xxx
RESISTANT OVARY SYNDROME DIAGNOSED AGE 27,
1ST IVF OCTOBER 08- :BFN:
ET 12th of march.2 day embies.1x4cell 1x5cell. :BFN:
Trying again but have no dates.Hopefully this year.

Reg: Feb 16th 2009

Children: Yes please

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 7:57pm

Wow. I've concerns over my eggs but have taken hope from your story. I'm already having TCM acuptuncture and am planning my next round of IVF. It's fantastic to hear such good news. Fingers crossed and sticky vibes for you. Thanks for taking the time to post! Sam x

3 IUI and 5 IVF :BFN:
What's the future?
MY DIARY

High NK and high PAI-1
On Metformin & Immune Cycle

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE