• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, September 5th 2009, 1:46pm

Burton Centre for Reproductive Medicine

hi

just wanted to let everyone know that the burton on trent clininc is very small and they have a teamof about 20 staff. mr kevin Artley runs it and you either love the bloke or hate him. there is no in between. he is very much to the point but he has your best interests at heart. i personally like him, he doesnt flower anything up and he tells you like it is.

the nursing staff are incredible, sympathetic, but not cloying or patronising, caring and straight forward.

the prices are reasonable and the standard of care is 2nd to none.

the other little thing i like is there are no baby pics on the walls anywhere, i've had experience of that in the past and it felt like all those pics were laughing at me ( i know im bonkers). you know we've got mummies but you cant get there.

there used to be thank you cards on the walls but the administrator felt they were insensitive to the couples that have been trying and not doing so well. so now they've been taken down and kept for their own private moments. which, actually i tend to agree with.

overall, i think the clinic is brilliant and the service and efficiency and caring of the staff is second to none.

if anyone lives around this area, i would highly recommend they give burton a go
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Jenny

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: 0 children

Friday, October 23rd 2009, 9:24pm

RE: Burton Centre for Reproductive Medicine

I am currently using Burton for ICSI....(start injections next week!!!) and I have to agree that the staff have been amazing....we couldnt be in better hands!!!!
[img]http://lbdf.lilypie.com/I81d.png?re2UDc5e[/img]

What's Up?

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 7:32am

hi jenny

didnt think anyone else was using it. i absolutely love the staff there and agree that you couldnt be in better hands.

good luck with injections, i fould 1st 2 were the worst, psychologically, physically easy.

have they gave you any tips to make it even easier. if not come back to me i'll give you a couple that i found helped.

good luck honey, i have everything crossed for you

jade

xxxx

Jenny

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: 0 children

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 2:59pm

We go on Thursday so they can show us how to do them, then start on Saturday.....

Thanks for your supportive words, Ive been ok up until now but reality is hitting home, and Im starting to get quite emotional about it.

Did you have treatment at Burton??

Jen xxxxx
[img]http://lbdf.lilypie.com/I81d.png?re2UDc5e[/img]

What's Up?

Saturday, October 24th 2009, 3:59pm

hi jenny

yes i've had treatment at bcrm, twice. ist round icsi fresh cycle result being my 2 year old and just recently 2nd round of icsi resulted in early miscarriage. dont say sorry or anything i'm over it. it werent nice but we did get four frozen embryo's out of it so we start frozen embryo transfer in january. so not all doom and gloom.

you will be fine. what jabs are you on or dont you know yet. is chris teaching you or karen. i like everyone there. bridget does the scans i love her got a brilliant dare i say wkd s o h.

i found when going thru lessons my nerves got the better of me and started cracking silly jokes, but everyone left with smiles on their faces.

honestly you will be fine in the end you'll look bk and say i dont know why i was so worried. you get to be so blase about it, i know i did.

again i wish you all the luck in the world. if you need me for anything dont hesitate to get in touch.

xxx

alfie

Reg: May 5th 2009

Children: NONE

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 11:18pm

bcrm burton support

I have been through 1 fresh cycle of icsi due to my husband having sperm antibodies and was lucky enough to have 4 embryos frozen. Unfortunately no success with frozen embryo transfer. It has been hard watching everyone around me get pregnant and last best mate getting pregnant on day i found ivf didnt work. However to those trying and those on the first road of ivf, life goes on and i have found each fall has brought my husband and i closer together. we will be trying again in the new year and wonder when to stop trying and if we should. would like to talk to others going through the same thing as now i have no female buddies who are without children or the ones who dont have children dont know i am going through ivf
Alfie

What's Up?

Monday, December 14th 2009, 8:30am

:hugs:
sorry i do have children but i have used icsi twice at burton. would love to just be there for you if youd like. take care and im sorry about last ivf hun.

:xxx3:

alfie

Reg: May 5th 2009

Children: NONE

Monday, December 14th 2009, 9:51pm

Thanks for you kind words. I have got my schedule through today for first private cycle of icsi. Go for my injection lessons on Christmas eve (think its just protocol as I think i could inject myself with my eyes shut after 2 previous attempts this year!) I am feeling quite positive about another attempt - although dont want to get my hopes up. I was going to try a different clinic after our failed FET but I do like the staff and BCRM, it is convenient as I live in lichfield and all bar not getting pregnant! i responded very well to treatment! How did you find life there? Any tips???
Alfie

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 1:30pm

i found that my periods regulated and were uniform. apparently most women start treatment and their periods go erratic but mine were other way round. i thought mr Artley was very bruque at the start, but grew to like him very much. he's very much a realist and i grew quite ok with that. if it worked fantastic and if it didnt that also is a fact of life.

i found what got me through was having a stupid sense of humour. the staff are very supportive and tend to take their lead from you, so when i said at least this way i get a regular prick they did actually laugh. i think they only tip i could give is (i konw its almost impossible) to not take yourself to seriously. the lengths we have to go to achieve our dreams, i really think you cant be serious all the time cos if you did you'd go nuts. so i tried cracking funny's most of the time. wasnt always easy, but nothing you really want or deserve rarely is.

if you do change clinics i wouldnt recommend aldridge in walsall. peronally i found it too big and too impersonal and the staff tended to judge me. i dont like being judged. i am a slob by nature and walking in in jeans and baggy tops and the way they used to look down their nosese at me was unreal. wouldnt mind but my money is as good as anyone elses isnt it?

sorry about the rant. seriously though i love bcrm and the 2 karen's and bridget and chris always reduces me to tears in a nice way. she'll say your wonderful or brave or whatever let me give you a hug and as soon as she does thats it i'm in tears. stupid really.
#
last tip, relax and trust them i know its difficult but they are brilliant and lovely.

good luck for christmas eve and merry xmas and a happy new year

xxxxx

Reg: Mar 16th 2010

Thursday, March 18th 2010, 12:03pm

Burton Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Hi

Just wondering whether anyone is undergoing treatment at Burton at the moment????

x
TTC 06
Clomid 07
BFP Jul 07 MC
BFP Mar 08 Ov cyst mc 10 wks
IVF Nov 08 BFN
FET Mar 09 BFN
IVF Mar 10 BFN

Lily15deluxe's 'better late than never' IVF Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE