You are not logged in.

Unread posts

will30

• "will30" started this thread

Reg: Dec 23rd 2009

Monday, January 4th 2010, 10:06pm

Maybe not ovulating even tho +OPK's

:-( I went to my gynae today to discuss fertility, been ttc for a year, I assumed my endo had got worse, but when I told the doc I was pleased because I had ovulated every month (used an OPK) she said not necessarily. She said my periods are irregular, 32,42,30,30,52,40, 32 days so I prob havent ovulated each month. Shes done a blood test progesterone day 21 I think. I cant believe I was confident I was ovulating because of my OPK and monthlies.

So now Ive gotpainful endo every day and potentially a hormone prob too. Gutted. Results wed. xfingers

Reg: Dec 30th 2008

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 8:49am

Hi Will30,

Don't worry you are not ovulating every month. There are tablets you can take that will make you ovulate :)
Speak to your doctor to see if they will prescribe you some. They are normally taken at the beginning of the cycle.

The Day 21 test will measure your progesterone. Anything above 30 means you ovulated.

I had 13!! This is something that can be resolved.

Wish Dust
Apr '09 - Lap & Dye (I blocked tube - adhesions removed from other)
July '09 :BFP:
Sep '09 - 9w 3d - MMC
Oct '09 :BFP:
Bubba is a little girl!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wishdust" (Jan 5th 2010, 8:50am)

MrsST

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 8:52am

Good luck with the results on wednesday will30.

Have you thought about charting? a sure way to determine whehter you are ovulating each month is by taking your temperature each morning and looking for an increase in temperatures the day after you get your positive OPK.

Did you find that your period came approx 14 days after the positive OPK? If so then i'd say its probable you did ov on those months.

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 9:22am

Hi there. As the others said, do not despair as there is treatment out there to help you ovulate. The only sure way to determine if you are ovulating is a blood test to measure your progesterone levels and the test needs to be 7 days before af, which may not be on day 21. Opks, charting will measure lh surge which is a good sign but no guarantee of ovulation. Af 14 days after positive Opk does not guarantee it either. Good luck x

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

tessie

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 3:51pm

Slightly irregular doesn't necessarily mean not oving. And even if you aren't if is one of the easier things to fix.

Good luck!