You are not logged in.

Unread posts

j_pink

• "j_pink" started this thread

Reg: Dec 21st 2009

Monday, December 21st 2009, 2:32pm

Two wombs, blocked tubes and trying to get pregnant!

Hi everyone. I'm a newly-wed and 5 years ago I was diagnosed with a condition called Uterus Didelphis. It means I have two wombs and two cervixes as well as two vaginal spetums (wall) which was removed 3 years ago. Since the age of 13 I had sufferred from incredibly heavy periods, which, due to complications in my anatomy caused a build up of blood during menstruation. Combine this with undiagnised Chlamidia when I was 21 and now my left hand fallopian tube is scarred and totally blocked.

My body releases eggs once a month (from one womb at a time) which is why I'm a little confused. Wouldn't I skip periods If my fallopian tube is blocked? The other tube, after having a camera look around under anasthetic, "appeared to be healthy" according to my doctor. But no die ran though my tube during the test. So I dont even know if my second tube is working. I have been trying for a bay for 6 months and no luck just yet. My doctor advised to try for at least a year and then arrange to go and see him if I am unsuccesfull.

Has anybody else been diagnosed with Uterus Didelphis?

Has anyone considered IVF as a result of my problems?

Any advice on getting pregnant would be most gratefully recieved!

[zx127]
J_pink: Uterus Didelphis (twin wombs)
Baby due 19th Oct

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, December 21st 2009, 3:29pm

I dont know about the two wombs sorry, but with regard to the periods it is your overy that produces the egg
and it will do this every month. It then travels down the fallopian tube to meet the sperm.

So regardless of your tubes, you will still ovulate each month and it is ovulation that triggers your period,
nothing to do with the tubes.

I have both tubes blocked and have periods every 28 days bang on! I have TTC for 6 years, never missed a period, never got pregnant naturally. All the blocked tube does is top sperm meeting egg.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

j_pink

Monday, December 21st 2009, 3:52pm

Oh woops I was never too good at biology! I have contacted my doctor to arrange a meeting as having read my notes it seems i still have a chance with the right fallopian tube.

Going to think about a healthy fertility diet in the new year too. I'm 26 so figure I've gt time on my side...although my mother in law fell pregnant at 39 with two blocked fallopian tubes! I've got a feeling it's going to be one long journey....
Baby due 19th Oct

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Monday, December 21st 2009, 6:36pm

Sorry i cant really help, but someone i used to work with had 2wombs and only found this out when she got pregnant......not that they were actually trying. She experienced a far bit of bleeding very early on in her pregnancy but had a very healthy one
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 10:18am

Amazing!
I have never heard this sort of thing ever before.

j_pink

Friday, February 26th 2010, 8:55pm

OMG I'm pregnant!

Following my post above, hubby and I had put plans on hold..felt rotten all January...missed my Feb 9th period and took a test last night.

Can't believe it said positive! Turns out I'm 7 weeks.

It must have been the healthy side that was rooting for me! Got a scan next week to confirm which side of my womb it's on. I'm praying its the right/healthy side. Sadly left hand side just won't make it as way too cramped and I don't actually have a cervix on that side.

So there you go ladies...it does happen...even with a blocked and "potentially blocked" fallopian tubes!
Baby due 19th Oct

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 1:53pm

Congratulations on your pregnancy!! :D

We have first trimester chat thread HERE, general pregnancy chat section is HERE and if you already have a fertility diary we can either change the title to a 'pregnancy diary' or you can start a new one HERE.

There is a FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS section HERE where you will find a wide range of frequently asked questions.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 8 months or so!!

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE