You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Kat83

• "Kat83" started this thread

Reg: Jun 1st 2009

Wednesday, June 3rd 2009, 12:57pm

IVF for £1400 ??

Hi,

I just joined and was wondering if anyone here had or is having IVF with Smart choice medical travel in Hungary. I found them on the internet and their prices are unbelievably cheap. IVF with donor sperm is only £1400, last year I paid more than that for my IUI in London! X( As they don’t ask for any money upfront I think we give it a go. Has anyone got any experience with them??

Thanks and have a nice day! Katy

Kat83

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 9:22am

RE: IVF for £1400 ??

Hello,
just wanted to let you all know that we booked our appointment for the 6th of july.Can't wait to get there!I will keep you posted about how things are.If anyone is interested the site where i found them is
www.cheapivf.co.uk

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

Katy x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Calypso" (Feb 26th 2010, 10:00pm)

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Tuesday, June 9th 2009, 9:26am

Good luck, cant wait to hear all about it x

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Thursday, June 18th 2009, 2:25pm

Hay Kat

Good luck with your treatment. Was just looking at there website and its very good. I must say there success rates look very promising.

A x x

kino71

Reg: Jun 23rd 2009

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 11:44am

Hello,
my wife and I would be interested in that center, too.
We live in Italy, treatments are covered by public health system, though waiting lists are endless and our law is... well let's say 'restrictive'.

We're eager for you to share your experience, good luck with your appointment.

Franco&Stefania

Kat83

Thursday, September 17th 2009, 6:30pm

Hello everyone,

I have been very busy lately and haven’t had much time to read the message board.
I just thought I update you on what is going on with us. We went to Hungary in July for the consultation. Everything went really well except they found a cyst on my left ovary and was recommended to get that removed before IVF. I had laparoscopy in August and I am about to start stimulation next month.

I can recommend the clinic for anyone looking for affordable IVF, so far we spent about £1000 (incl. travel and meds) and will pay the remaining £1300 next month when we go back to Budapest for scans and IVF.

We are very happy with Smart Choice Medical Travel as well as with the clinic. We met a lovely Hungarian lady who was guiding us while in Hungary and we have stayed in contact with her since. We will meet her again when we go back at the end of October. It is just reassuring that there is someone we can contact if we have any probs and also who knows the city and everything really well. She even took us for sightseeing and showed us great shopping facilities. :happy:

Thanks for everyone’s support!

Good luck for you all!

Katy

Reg: Dec 10th 2009

Children: I have been blessed with my beautiful daughter Grace.

Sunday, December 13th 2009, 11:22pm

Good luck let us know how you get on and thank you. Ive just looked at the ICSI there and massive difference in prices. xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mand1975" (Dec 13th 2009, 11:22pm)

honeyz

Reg: Oct 13th 2009

Monday, December 21st 2009, 1:35pm

Hiya hope ur doing well and had a nice experience with them.

How did the treatment in hungary go?

Would lov 2 hear ur experiences.
honeybee

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: 1 precious boy

Friday, February 26th 2010, 4:55pm

xxx

Hi Kat83

Didn't you mention in June it cost £1400 than how comes the paymetn is gone up to £2300 altogether. It all seems a bit strange. Please correct me if I'm wrong. But good luck to you

:xxx3:
4x ICSI- Feb 10, Dec 11, Oct 12, Apr 13: :BFN:

ICSI- Feb 15: :BFP:
bab22 Born on 04/11/2015

ICSI - Aug 17 BFP
bab22 Born on 29/04/2018

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 10:02am

Hey Baby H

I've just had a quick look at their website and it seems they have a menu of prices depending on what you want and where you stay.

If you are considering tx abroad then my advice would be to make sure you look into it 100% before making a decision to make sure you are happy with what you are doing. I've just been to Spain myself and it does add stress to the whole proceedings. Also, you may need to factor in costs in the UK if you need scans during your tx.

This is their website:

http://www.scmedicaltravel.co.uk (Link is not endorsed by FZ)

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE