You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "jilly-bean" started this thread

Reg: Aug 26th 2009

Children: no children

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 9:58pm

sperm motility

Hi All,

Can anyone advise me on anything that may help improve sperm motility?

jilly-bean.
xx
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 4:49pm

Hi,

One of the main things you can do to improve sperm quality and motility is to make sure that he's ejaculating every 2-3 days be that by bd or by shall we say manual manipulation it doesn't matter. If the sperm are kept locked up for too long they start degrading (too much time on the couch eating crisps). He should also take showers not baths and wear loose fitting underwear and trousers to keep them cool.

You can also try zinc which is an important mineral in sperm production (often lacking in the diet) and also vit C and selenium. Accupuncture is reputed to help (and no they don't stick needles there).

My DH tried all but the accupuncture and it did improve his overall sperm profile including motility and took him from below average to borderline OK. Remember though that any changes will take about 3 months to show as that's how long sperm take to produce.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Wednesday, October 14th 2009, 5:30pm

Thank-you so much Grace and congrats on your bfp. :D
Jilly-bean
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS
1st ICSI Feb 2010 - BFN :bawl: 2nd ICSI July 2010 - BFP m/mc :bawl: 3rd ICSI Jan11 - BFN :bawl: Our IVF Journey is now over! June 11 Natural BFP m/c :bawl:

MY DIARY

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 4:13pm

Has anyone else got any other feed back on helping to improve sperm motility?

We have been TTC for 3.5 yrs and I may have one blocked follopian tube. Dh has sperm motility of around 46%, as far as we know everything else is normal as nothing has been said otherwise. We have also just been through a failed cycle of icsi. I am hoping to take a few months off before the next cycle and wanted to do everyhting possible to increase our chances either naturally or for the next icsi cycle.

We have both cut out alcohol, taking his and hers mother/father to be vitamins and eating healthily. He wears loose underwear and takes showers! Is there any foods that are meant to help?

Any other advice would be very helpfull.

Jilly-bean.xxx
ME-31 DH-34
TTC 5 YRS

MY DIARY

Reg: Feb 18th 2010

Thursday, February 25th 2010, 7:03pm

Motility and acupuncture - I'm confused!

Hello, girls,

I'm very confused myself. Went to see the acupuncturist yesterday, who during the previous appointment told me that she didn't need to stimulate my cycles as long as I was ovulating normally (I thought maybe things could be boosted anyway...), but that it would be a good idea for my DH to get some treatment because his SA has low motility, and/or morphology. (The experts don't always agree on the numbers here it would seem.)

So.... Off we go yesterday, and end of the story is that she wants to treat me but not DH! I'm thirty eight, and she said my levels were normal for my age - could almost feel the menopause arriving when she said that! Oh well, if she can improve egg quality, that's wonderful - it's just weird she said there was no need last time, as my cycles are as regular as a swiss clock! She thought the spermogramme was ok - which me and DH know isn't true (confirmed yesterday by SS.) My conclusion is that she's maybe not very knowledgeable when it comes to male fertility...

Advice on acupuncture and motility improvement anyone? [zx005]

Lalla

Lalla and and her precious hubby's road to baby land!
38 and TTC naturally for 2 1/2 years.
SA - from poor to very good
Lap & dye 01.06.10 - some endo found and removed

Acupuncture
1st IUI - February!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE