You are not logged in.

Unread posts

pinkgirl

• "pinkgirl" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2009

Friday, February 5th 2010, 8:13am

IVF Wales - i don't undestand

Hello Everyone,

I really need some advice, i'm getting very confused. My husband and i have been trying unsuccessfully for 5 years. I finally managed to pursuade my husband to have a sperm test last year and the results were not good. I've had blood tests to check i'm ovulating, and appparently thats all fine. I was put on the waiting list in November and told it's a 10 month waiting list to see the consultant. When i read all the forums on this site i see that people talk about having all sorts of tests like internal scans and dye being put up and being put on Clomid. Why have i not had any of this done? should i be complaining to my Doctor? I just feel so helpless.

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Many Thanks

Sarah ?o( ?o(
Sarah

ttclady

Reg: Aug 4th 2009

Friday, February 5th 2010, 9:10am

10 months does seem like a long time. Did you tell the doctor you had been ttcing for 5 years? Maybe go back to the doctor and stess it has been a while and you need to get things moving ASAP. I have an appointment at IVF Wales for 2 months time. I did ring them myself and see if I could go private, but even then the waiting list was a while. I know they're very busy, but 10 months sounds too long. If you have the funds, have you thought of having tests at a private clinic? There is a Cardiff branch of the London Women's Clinic, perhaps you could consider them, you certainly wouldn't have to wait that long.

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Friday, February 5th 2010, 9:31am

Hi

Due to your husbands sperm test they have probably assumed the 'issue' lies with him therefore there is no point in putting you on clomid which would help you ovulate more but if you're ovulating fine anyway and your husbands sperm may not reach the eggs or have issues then there may not be much point. Same with the other tests for you, they've identified the problem with the sperm so no need to do a lap and dye on you etc.

I still wouldn't just sit and wait though, I'd phone up IVF Wales and check where you are on the list. If you have no luck with them definitely go back to your Dr.

Good luck!

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

pinkgirl

• "pinkgirl" started this thread

Reg: Oct 7th 2009

Friday, February 5th 2010, 12:56pm

Thank you both ever so much for your advice, i will ring the IVF centre and my Doctor. 10 months is too long, i'm 34 this year and have a history of early menopause in my entire female line, all started at the age of 36/38!. I was told by my Doctor that if i went private, i would not then be entitled to have a go with the NHS, so i'm just anxiously waiting and waiting.
Sarah

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Friday, February 5th 2010, 1:29pm

I agree with what has been said as the problem lies with DH and you are ovulating there is no point in putting you through unnecessary testing. I understand your anxiety as I was always worried about myself but I had to reassure myself that I was ovulating and bloods were ok. Good luck x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

bushbaby

Reg: Feb 2nd 2010

Children: none

Friday, February 5th 2010, 8:26pm

hi there i have been ttc since 2007 when i came off my depo and i have been told just to keep trying because it can take time after depo but heck its now 2010. i hav read other peoples links and they seem to get pushed quickly. i understand it from both sides but its quite anxious ttc. my partner pushed for his test and were lucky that his practitioner got him to do the tests. i think u could go privately but i am not sure i live in wales and will look into it. let me know how u r gettin on. i am going to ask to be refered next week xxx take care bushbaby :cuddle :cuddle