Unread posts

Mavis

• "Mavis" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 4:46pm

Is anyone else counting down the days until their planned c-section?

Hello all,
I'm over 32 weeks now and I have an elective c-section booked just before I am 38 weeks. Yikes!
I was wondering who else was waiting?
And also wanted to share this top tip learned from my NCT class. When they give you the hospital gown to put on (the indecent one, that flashes your bum to all and sundry), put it on back to front. This means that after your baby is born, you can easily expose your chest so that your baby can be put straight on to you. It really helps them, being skin on skin, early on.

Good luck to everyone!!!
M
x

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 5:33pm

I'd love to say me too Mave...but I can't as my hospital still won't commit to a c-section date even though twin 1 has been quite firmly breech since the 20 week scan :snigger:

They keep telling me...well, it still might turn :8o: In WHAT spare space that's what I want to know?! Even my MIL (who is a retired midwife) thinks they're living in cloud cuckoo land :S

I live in hope that this Thursday a d-day will be set... but without going into detail in this thread I have no faith whatsoever in the antenatal care at my hospital, from what I've seen so far, I'd rather be delivered by the local butcher, I think I'd be in safer, kinder and more communicative hands!

Oh and good tip about the gown...but that does mean instead of mooning I shall be flashing my ladygarden instead...bearing in mind that it's very difficult to keep it tidy when you can't see where you're going, it could cause much hillarity rotf

Moonshine

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Moonshine" (Dec 22nd 2009, 5:33pm)

Mavis

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 5:57pm

I would take it for granted that no matter what happens, the world and his dog will be getting a good view of your LG! :snigger:

I wonder why they can't just book a date for you? If the twin turns then it can always be canceled. But it does seem unlikely...
Mine have certainly stayed in the exact same position since their 20 week scan.

Fingers crossed you'll get a date or at least some decisive plan of action on Thursday!
M
x

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 12:00pm

yep, I'm counting down too Willopants. But they are still debating between 37 and 38 weeks for me, assuming I get that far. I have 4 more weeks to wait than you too, it's going sooooo slowly. Sounds like you have an actual date fixed in the calendar - so exciting :) x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Mavis

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 5:28pm

You WILL get that far Rossypants!
blowkiss

Reg: Jan 7th 2008

Children: 1 daughter 11yrs -prev marriage

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 9:13pm

Hi Mavis (again!) and girls

Im having an elective c.section on tues 26th Jan 10, only 3 sleeps to go !!!

We are sooo excited, its been a long road.

Thats a good tip about putting the gown on open bit to the front, but just wondered if 'they' would like it as the gown would have to be held up to enable them to do the spinal anaesthetic.

I had my pre-op tests yesterday and the midwife suggested if i wanted skin to skin contact with the baby whilst still in theatre to take my arms out of the gown before they put the drip in etc..... either way 'we' will be flashing various parts of our bodies !! :snigger:

As far as the LG is concerned I put myself through the agony of a wax on thurs :snigger: i'm glad i did, as all neat and tidy now, it was worth the pain :thumbsup:

I think from memory Moonshine has had her twins, i'll have to have a search and catch up !

Love Penny
xxxxx
:rainbow:

TCC 6 years
15mths over 2yrs of Clomid unmonitored
1 m/c - 100mg clomid 2006
1 missed m/c 150mg clomid 2007
Lap & Dye 2008 - All clear
6 out 6 - unsuccessful at ovulation induction treatment

1st cycle of short protocol IVF........... May 09 :BFP: Still in shock ! Elective Caesarean Section booked for Tuesday 26th Jan 2010 !!

Mavis

• United Kingdom

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 10:11pm

Hi Mrs Indie,
Thank you for the PM :heart:
And yep, our sections are on the same day! :D
How are you doing? Are you all packed?
I'm finding it hard to believe its all happening!
That is a good tip about the gown, and I respect your bravery for having a wax... as embarrassed as I am, I can't bear the thought of how much that must hurt!
Wishing you lots and lots of luck for Tuesday,
Mavis
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Reg: Jan 7th 2008

Children: 1 daughter 11yrs -prev marriage

Sunday, January 24th 2010, 2:00pm

Hi Mavis

Woo hooo, same day sections, we will have to swop notes after the big event !!

I know how you feel, it still feels surreal and that its happening to someone else.. i don't think i will really believe its happening till i'm in the theatre !

Yes, i'm all packed, just got to add a bit of makeup on tues morn before we go in... i can't possibly have any photo's done without at least some base and mascara hee hee

Things do happen when you could really do without it -- the brush on my upright dyson decided to give up the ghost yesterday and although the pipe suction still works we do have a cat who is allowed upstairs on the carpet and a dog who isn't but we all have laminate downstairs. So you really need the brush /suction to get pet and human hair off the carpet... i'll borrow my neighbours whilst we sort ours out!!

Also I had a really bad night last night, i've suddenly got a really bad headcold. I've missed all the bugs since well before i was pregnant so don't know whats going on, i'm not happy to say the least but hoping it shifts by tuesday. My main concern is that because i've had 2 low back surgeries in the past there is a slim chance that my spinal block wont fully work which will mean i will have to have a general anaesthetic and hope that having a cold won't stop them doing it !!??

Anyway enough of me rabbiting on !! : D

Hope you are taking it easy and have those feet up ! Good Luck for Tuesday xx 8)

love Penny
xxxxx
:rainbow:

TCC 6 years
15mths over 2yrs of Clomid unmonitored
1 m/c - 100mg clomid 2006
1 missed m/c 150mg clomid 2007
Lap & Dye 2008 - All clear
6 out 6 - unsuccessful at ovulation induction treatment

1st cycle of short protocol IVF........... May 09 :BFP: Still in shock ! Elective Caesarean Section booked for Tuesday 26th Jan 2010 !!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, January 26th 2010, 1:07pm

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE