You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "prinny" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2009

Children: working on the 1st

Monday, January 11th 2010, 7:10pm

DH2B spem test shown only 12 out of million alive please advise

please ADVISE .. worried out of my mind .. i rang the IVF clinic today for m my DH2B spem test result for 23 dec .. it was to be tested for motility and count then it was to be frozzen and then thrawed to see how it would cope if it was needed on the day of our treatmnet of IVF incase a fresh sample didnt work in the day of EC .. when i rang today i was so upset myself and my DH2B .. the test results was bad . they said they was unabel to freze them as only 12 where alive out of how many million, and these that was alive had poor motility..
his 2nd spem test is on the 28th jan what are the chances of his spem test inproving by then?
and can we still have IVF if they cant get enough to freze for treatment ? can anyone advise us please

prinny erdmann

Reg: Jun 2nd 2009

Children: We have yet to have our own miracle

Tuesday, January 12th 2010, 11:50pm

Just wanted to pop in and give you some hugs while you are waiting for a reply.

:hugs:

Sasha is deaf - please excuse any daft English grammar :P

OUR DIARY

Dec 2009 - IUI
:BFN: :bawl:
Jan 2010 - IUI Cancelled due to no motile sperm found
Nov 2010 - IVF/ICSI :BFN: :bawl:

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 1:48pm

hi prinny,

im not really sure what the clinics advice would be but the best thing you can do is ring your clinic and book a consultation, so you can find out everything you need to find out face to face.

take care, sorry im not much help and good luck

xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 3:28pm

Hi,

The picture on 28th Jan is unlikely to be very different as sperm production takes 3 months so it would be better to have another test done in 3 months to check for an improvement. That said, 12 is plenty as you only need 1 per egg and if they use ICSI then the motility isn't an issue, I would push them to freeze any live sperm they find in the next sample just in case and it might be worth looking at DH2B's lifestyle, no cycling for instance and lay off alcohol and hot baths.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "prinny" started this thread

Reg: Nov 3rd 2009

Children: working on the 1st

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 10:43pm

hi ladies

thanks for your post .. my DH2B .. is a bodybuilder he has no steroids and he is T-total and does not smoke .. he eats well and is on all the vits he's ment to be on .. and proteins drinks he dosent do any running or bike he never has hot baths .. we keep our self fit and have read up on all the do's and dont needed for the treatment to come ..before my DH2B meet me he was told he may have a block tube but it was never tested for that he was only ever ask to give SA test .. we have a consultant app on the 25th march regarding our treatment the consultant app is to kick start are treatment IVF/ICSI but goin off his recent SA test i would think we would be having the ICSI .. before we was referred for treatment we was told he may have to have a op to collect the spem that way just hope it work ..

prinny erdmann

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE