You are not logged in.

Unread posts

babyface

• "babyface" started this thread

Reg: Feb 6th 2009

Monday, February 9th 2009, 1:01am

Laparoscopy to investigate fertility/endo.

Has anyone had any difficulties with heart rate during laparoscopy to investigate fertility/endo? I have had this procedure 3 times now and my most reason one I had been told that my heart rate dropped to 28 BPM and I had to be given adrenaline injection. Apparently when they put the air inside us to seperate our organs to look, it can stimulate a nerve that can cause this to happen. Although they asked me questions about my heart and adviced me to get some test done from GP. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Someone told me that this can happen often during anestetic!

It would be great to hear from anyone who knows anything about this. :8o:

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, February 9th 2009, 12:05pm

That sounds scary, I've not heard of that happening before. My blood pressure goes into my boots after both of my laps but I haven't ever been told about the heart rate dropping like that.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 7:14pm

Hi babyface, this happened to my sister when she went for her laparoscopy last Oct, as it happened she fell pregnant the following month and is convinced that the lap cleared her out, so in the end it was a good thing.

Re the heart rate thing, my sisters heart stopped during the lap and it had to be started again. Thank goodness they sorted her out. They told her that the gas had been put in too fast and this had affected an important nerve (as you have described). So they key to this is that your cons does not put the gas in too fast. My sis was very tired for a few weeks afterwards though, I think it was the shock of her heart stopping and the scaryness of it all. However, as I said earlier, she is now nearly 16 weeks pregnant, with a little growing tummy, and is very happy that she went for the lap.

I'm sorry you have this worry. So long as the docs know you have this issue they will be very careful with you if you need more surgery.

Please let me know if you have any more questions on this, I'll try to help.

For anyone else reading this, please don't let this put you off having a lap. It is very rare for this heart rate problem to happen, and the docs do know how to sort it out, thank goodness x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

babyface

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 11:54pm

Ros

Thanks very much for your response. That must have been terrible for your sister. I must say I have been feeling very tired too since it which I never felt the last two times. I am finding it very hard to sleep at night so that it making me worse. That is great news that your sister is now pregnant, she must be over the moon. You seem very happy for her too and it nice your going to be an auntie.

Im glad you responded as it has been adding to my worry.

I was wondering what genetic screening is? I see at the bottom of your message you have listed your history I was unsure what that is. All the best with everything. Hope you get a BFP soon xx

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 1:36pm

Hi babyface, hope you're worrying less now, and it probaby does explain your tiredness.
My genetic screening is becuase I have a chromosome translocation which is causing me to miscarry, we have to screen the embryos for normal chromosomes when I do my next cycle so it's a bit of a pallaver.
Please keep us up to date with your news hun x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

babyface

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 7:23pm

Sounds complicated! All the best xx

Reg: Jan 2nd 2010

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 6:58pm

nervous

Hi girls,

I go for my lap 25th of this month and im dead nervous. Can anyone give any advice? iv been told i will be fine and will have nothing to worry about. I dont have any health issues. I get a regular period every 28 days without fail..... so im hoping its not too serious if they find anything.

It will be good to hear from you.

Kelly
:O) xxx

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 8:04pm

Hey babyface, firstly have you to go under again? and if so, please do not worry about it (easier said than done, i know)..Consultants wouldnt attempt this if they thought it was too risky or that it may happen again or become worse... Have they mentioned any other method of sedation to you?If it was at all an issue for them they would consider all avenues , such as an epidural option? it's been done before for other procedures where there have been complications with aneasthetics... Although not too sure that the aneasthetic is the prob if it's the nerve issue when given the gas ?? Something for you to bring up with your doc maybe?

Kelzy please do not worry at all huni about this procedure :no: . I have also had this done three times and all three times without any concerns. It is a very common procedure that doesn't take very long (unless you are having further surgery such as laser ablation to remove endometriosis, but this is also nothing to worry about). I promise you the only thing i felt was afterwards and this was a little groggy from the anaesthetic and i had a little shoulder pain (caused by the gas used to seperate organs.....It rises in your body trying to find a way to escape and often causes pain across the top of the abdomen and or pain just in at the clavicle). Apprantly though driunking fizzy juice and rifting helps to alleviate this gas (i can't burp though, strange but true, and thats why i experienced the pain for a little longer) . You don't expereince pain from the key hole sites, although bending etc may feel a little tender. You wll prob be given co codamol 30-500 which will take the egde of things anyway. Good luck for your lap huni... i promise it's nothing at all to be worried about :yes:

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Sunday, January 3rd 2010, 5:56pm

Thanks ladybug. I think ill be ok once i in hospital think its just the thought of going in etc. How long did it take for you to get pregnant after you had the lap done? We have been tryin for 2 n half year. blood tests were showing that i was ovulating at some time but it wasnt regular. they did 4 blood tests and only ovulated one month out of 4. My periods are regular every 28 days tho. Im hopin its not too much causing the problem. Congrats on your pregnancy ladybug.

Nice t be able to chat to people who have been through this before as it eases the mind.

Thanks again xxx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, January 5th 2010, 7:48pm

Hiya!

I had 2 laps!! The first one I was dead nervous and it was just a lap and dye which showed that everything was fine. The second was because I developed OHSS whilst on clomid and grew a load of cysts that needed removing and while in there they removed some adhesions and drilled my ovary.

I wasn't really nervous before the second one though even though I was having more done. I was just on paracetamol after which was enough to take the pain away.

Try not to worry about it honey! You will be in good hands!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Sunday, January 10th 2010, 8:11pm

Thanks flic :) so did u get pregnant been on clomid? how long after the lap? Were your periods regular? Im sorry about the questions but its all new to me. I go fro my pre assessment on friday :O) xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE