You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Friday, November 27th 2009, 11:31am

Advice - Can Endo Disappear ??

Just wondering really, as I had my Lap & Dye on Wednesday & we'd agreed previously (me & Surgeon) that whilst in there they would clear my Endo up...

So . . They went in, dyed my tubes (all clear) :D
But then she said . . There was no Endo in there & your ovaries now don't even look Polycystic ?(

I am qquite confused, as I had Endo back in Jan 2008, and the surgeon at the time removed lots of adhesions etc, & I have seen scans of my PCO just last month ?(

Could Norethisterone make the cysts disappear but more importantly, what's happened to my Endo ?(

Not that I'm complaining if it's the truth :snigger: :snigger:
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, November 27th 2009, 2:32pm

Hiya Mrs!

Pleased that all went well!!!

Don't know about the endo but I know that after my first lap they said that my ovaries looked normal. It made me wonder whether it depends where in your cycle you are as to how much they can see (if that makes sense)

Did the cons definately say you had endo back in Jan?? I've had adhesions removed but don't have endo.

Hmmm, lets hope its disappeared for good!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, November 27th 2009, 5:12pm

if they have removed the endo then it's not disappeared, it has been removed and has not grown back. Mine has taken 10 years to grow back. The op and medications have stopped your endo for now. It's good news!

wee one

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Children: none

Sunday, November 29th 2009, 7:59pm

Hi,

I almost certainly had endo when I was a teenager. Because I had a useless GP this was not diagnosed at the time, despite me being in excruciating pain for three years before I went on the Pill, which stopped the pain and heavy periods. I stayed on the Pill for 11 years until we decided to start TTC.

I had a lap & dye as part of fertility investigations and the consultant found a lot of scar tissue in various places, which he thought had been caused by endo in the past. Because of my description of extreme pain years ago, this all seemed to make sense. However the consultant said there was no "active" endo - and since I have come off the Pill (2 yrs ago), my periods have been fine. So yes, I think endo can disappear, although I am not sure whether it only did so because I had been on the Pill for such a long time.

xx
TTC since Feb 2008
Me (30), tubal damage from endo, AMH 37.1, PCO
DH (30), all OK
Natural BFP Mar 09, MMC@ 10wks
Natural BFP Feb 10 while waiting for IVF - so far so good xfingers

• "amyeliz87" started this thread

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 3:56pm

Wow :happy:

Ok, cool, so . . whatever my body has been doing for the past year, at least it's not producing Endo at the moment :happy:

Flic:- I deffo had it back last year because it was all over my doctors notes :sadface: But like you, they removed Adhesions etc, so it musta done the trick :happy:
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE