You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "SaffronXXX" started this thread

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: 8 year DD conceilved naturally & 1 DS thru IVF

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 12:21am

Dilemma!!! Changing acupuncturists during tx

Help! Advice needed!!!

We are from Aberdeen area but decided that we would go with a private clinic in Glasgow for our first IVF starting this December. I have been getting acupuncture for the past year and half. I have just switched to the lady who knows more about fertlity treatment.

Well, I just had app with my acupuncturist in Aberdeen and she implied she is not happy that I have arranged to see a different acupuncturist in Glasgow. I told her that I will be doing that becasue;

1. She doesn't do acupuncture before and after ET as it is not her normal treatment protocol. She only sees her patient just before EC and then 10 days after ET.

2. we will be staying in Glasgow for a few days around the time of EC and ET and would like someone to treat me while we are there.

I explained that I'd see the person from Glasgow just twice; once before IVF starts so that I can get to know her and she can take my history etc and then obviously at the time of EC/ET. I told her that I would still like to continue to see her for other times. Well, she seem to think that it might interfere with the points that she is treating me with... I don't know what to do now. I really would like someone to keep treating me on a regular basis locally but i also think having acupuncture at the crucial time might maximise our chance.

What sort of acupuncture protocol did/does everyone else follow? What would you do if you were in my situation????

Thanks.

Sx
After pretty rocky ttc & pregnancy history, blessed with two lovely children. Don't stop believing....

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 8:14am

There is no real scientific evidence that acupuncture helps IVF. So I don't use it.

It is proven to relax people and because you are more relaxed it can help during a stressful time like IVF. I prefer massage as I'm not to keen on the needles.

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 9:01am

Hi Saffron

** ACUPUNCTURE CHATTER **

I see that you've posted in the main acupuncture chat thread above, so I will close this thread off - it makes it easier to keep up with your replies if we just have one thread and one question :D

Like so many things, there are many different opinions about acupuncture and if it does/doesn't help. Paul's post in the thread HERE gives a really good overview

Hope that helps!

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE