You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "miss_d_757" started this thread

Reg: Nov 9th 2009

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 12:00am

A Real Eye Opener..

Hi All,
i am new to all this..i was reading through some of the threads and couldnt believe some of the things you are going through!!!
i have been having pains whilst having sex for about 3 years, and only decided to really do anything about in in Jan 09. When i went to the doctors all they wanted to do was feed me with antibiotics and do lots of swabs... after many months of this i gave up..
The having to go to the doctors due to an upset tummy i happened to see a student doctor on her 1st day at the surgery.. and she reffered me straight to a gyna in Sep 09!!
After seeing him, he then offered me a lap, which i took and then in Oct 09 they diagnosed my with the begining of Endo. The surgen said that the tendons that hold your womb in place are ment to be flexible. however mine wasnt, they were like ropes and had to be burnt down.

after reading on here i havent seen any1 yet have similar endo 2 me... is there any1 out there??? Lol..

Anyway, it has been just over a month since i had the Op, and i thout that i had been cured and it untill i found out a friend also had it and told me that there is no cure as she is currently on stage 4!!
Currently i am on and off my period like no tomorrow and they sometimes can be really painfull.. i have also read the oestrogen feeds endo, and that everytime u have a period it generally makes the endo worse.. :S I am currently waiting for my follow up appointment with my surgeon as the pain during sex is still present although it is not as bad.. and i am worried that the endo is goin to come back...

Any advice or comments would be much appretiated!! :D
x~x Paula x~x

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 9:15am

Hi, I can't really give much advice, but didn't want to read & run, especially as you've had no replies yet.

Someone will be along soon, especially now it's morning :happy:

I have Endo, but I think my cysts cause more pain than anything. It's my bowels that the Endo affects, and when I had my last Lap, they scraped as much away as possible. I don't think you can ever get "rid" of it, but there are ways to control it more I think ?(
April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

April 17 - Here we go again!

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Wednesday, November 11th 2009, 10:35pm

Hi Paula, I'm sorry to hear about the pain you have. Thank goodness for the junior doctor who referred you to a gynae, it is so suprising how few doctors consider endo as one of the options when us ladies go to them in pain.
It is possible for endo to come back, but that isn't always the case, if you have just had your lap I would be surprised if it had grown back this quickly. The only way to find out for sure is another lap unfortunately. You could go back to your doc and ask for another lap if things don't settle down next year - give your body some time to adjust after this recent op though. All the best x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 8:42am

Endo can come back after operations to remove it. Mine took 10 years though! The pill helps to keep it a bay and so do other drugs. I was given decapetyl for 3 months after my last lap. See what they suggest at your follow up appointment.
Good luck and check this out:

http://www.endometriosis-uk.org/

Reg: May 28th 2009

Children: One day - I hope and pray!!

Friday, November 20th 2009, 11:31am

Hey hun

You are right in thinking there is no cure for endometriosis but I think that is largely due to no one actually understanding what causes it. There are a lot of treatments available and everyone reacts completely different to each treatment. It will probably take a long time but eventually you will find something that works for you.

:xxx:

May 01 - diagnosed with Endo via lap.
July 01 - diagnosed with MRKH
April 02: 1st Reconstrutive operation.
August 02: 2nd Reconstructive operation
May 04: Hysterectomy
May 08: Ovaries removed

House Deposit: £800/£8k

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE