You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Mrs J

• "Mrs J" started this thread

Reg: Sep 9th 2009

Children: desp 2 ba yummy mummy, will settle on mummy

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:01pm

hypnotherapy

Hi, just wondering if anyone has tried hypnotherapy. At some point soon I will be starting my third round of ICSI & I know I will be extremely stressed out.

I would appreciate any feedback on if its worth it or would help calm my nerves, also if anyone could recommend anything else instead. xxx

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Wednesday, November 4th 2009, 9:57pm

RE: hypnotherapy

Hi Mrs J,

I have been using hypnotherapy with couples and individuals in my clinic for many years, so I would obviously recommend this. I initially used it for relaxation and stress reduction, but then moved on to use it for fertility enhancement.

There have been several reviews in the Media about my work, in Good Housekeeping, The Guardian, and similar, on Woman's Hour, but these were some years ago, so you would not track them down very easily.

If you want to read more about this, you can do so on my website which is yourfertilemind.com. This is still under construction so my apologies for the gaps.

Have a read of this, and think about how you could find a hypnotherapist local to you who has worked in infertility.

Kind regards,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

Tinkerbell09

Member left

• "Tinkerbell09" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 31st 2009

Children: LWH

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 12:31am

Hi Paul is this safe to do when a lady is pregnant ? i thought about having this done lots of times and you live in my city so i could come and see you :D when i am next pregnant that is. Would you recommend this better than accupunture, :smile:

• "angels&babies" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 26th 2008

Children: Annalise Joy Morrison born December 2009 from 2nd ICSI.........4 Snow Babies on ice,x

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 4:39am

Hi Mrs J,

I see you live in South Ayrshire. I am in East Ayrshire.
I am an Analytical and Clinical Hypnotherapist and Nurse myself and would recommend Hypnotherapy as a useful aid during treatment and pregnancy itself, as is Acupuncture.

I am currently pregnant myself on maternity leave and have used both these methods both during treatment and throughout my pregnancy with great effect.

Visualisation and relaxation techniques are wonderful tools to use and help to reduce stress and help you focus. They also help with symptom control.

I know a lady who practices Hypnofertility and Hypnobirthing locally whom you may be interested in speaking to for more information.
If you are interested, let me know and I can let you know her details.

2nd ICSI March 2009 :BFP:
4 Top Grade 1 Frosties in Waiting for next time!
bab21
My Diary

Reg: May 2nd 2007

Children: A boy and a girl, both living in London

Tuesday, November 17th 2009, 2:40pm

Hi Tinkerbell,

As has been said above there is no problem with this. In fact the very first patient I saw in my practice many years ago, was pregnant and wanting help with relaxing during pregnancy and during delvery.

I would be very happy to see you as and when you needed.

Good luck,

Paul
Fertility Scientist and Andrologist
Fertility Counsellor, Holistic Therapist and Hypnotherapist
Providing Fertility Information, Assessment and Enhancement.
Natural family planning teacher.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE